Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How About Some Help For A Newbie!please!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigdaddyhawgnuttz, Jan 24, 2005.

1. bigdaddyhawgnuttz

bigdaddyhawgnuttz Registered Member

Can Anyone Suggest A 6" Lift With Springs All Around That Doesnt Require Alot Of Modifications And Rides Good? This Is Still My Daily Driver. I Would Rather Not Have To Sell A Kidney To Afford It If Possible But I Love My Jimmy So Nothing Is Out Of The Question!!lol! 77 Jimmy 350/350 D44/12b At/203

2. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

tuff country ez rides, almos everyone here is gona suggest them

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Except me, I suggest BDS.

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

BDS is more expensive but I know a place that could use a kidney or two. ;)

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Well I have 6" Rough Country's up front and 5.5 SkyJackers in the back, and they ride incredibly harsh. So don't get them. Rough Country will be the cheapest, yet roughest riding.

6. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I have a 6 inch superlift with dual rancho shocks on all four and sometimes it feels like i have no suspension..... soon as i let some air out of the 35's she rides like a caddy. Has dual steering stabilizers and i wouldn't mob without em now. changes the whole feel when your mobbin. all straight axle k5 are gonna ride stiff. Make sure you reinforce the steering box with a brace or weld it up when you lift it. check driveshaft angle too. Had to get mine retubed and had to buy a new yoke. 200 bucks.

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

wth is "mobbin"? :dunno:

8. JIMMY76

JIMMY76 1/2 ton status

i had a tuff country on the truck when i bought it i switch it out with a superlift softride or easyride or what ever they call it it was a world of difference i also switch out the gabriel shocks for superlifts and superlift dual sterring stabilizers and i still cant beleive how good it rides i think that was the best thing ive done yet was switch everything out to superlift IMO the best but i havent tried all brand but between me and some of the guys around here ive driven or rode on a few different one and i believe superlift is the way to go

9. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

10. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Mobbin=4 wheelin

11. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I suggest BDS also. I have Tuff Country's in my truck right now. I have the TC 4" HD's in the front and I don't like them. They don't ride very well. Everyone is going to say "ya, because they are the HD's" but I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 180-200's of winch and bumper on the front of my truck to make up for that.

The rears are 6" TC's that I removed a leaf from. They equal out to around 3.5-4" lift when you take out the bottom leaf. The are actually pretty soft riding but I am pretty sure they are going to start sagging pretty fast. I have only had them in for 2 weeks, so we will find out.

Harley