Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HOW ABOUT THE TEXAS BOY ON THE FRONT COVER ON THE NEW FOUR WHEELER

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by BILLY RAY, Sep 23, 2002.

1. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

JUST WANTED TO SEE IF YOU GUYS SAW THAT. MAN IF TOBY'S HEAD WASN'T BIG ENOUGH ALREADY /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif . NA JUST GLAD TO SEE THE GUY ON THE COVER AND TO PROVE HE IS A SMART GUY HE ALSO RUNS A RED NECK RAM SYSTEM FOR WEST TEXAS OFFROAD. NICE TO BE ON THE COVER TOO HU MATT H. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

Yeah it's nice to be on the cover too.
    You think Toby's head was big before you ought to see him now. No really i'm happy for him he worked hard to get out to TTC and then not to get in was a big letdown for him. But i do know that an article was something he had always wanted.

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Hey I really like the blazer on the cover of Fourwheeler that K5 is OH SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .

Who fabbed the bumpers and roll cage on that beast very nice would like to have something like that for my own rig.

Eric.

89K5/14FF/D60/2-1/2"Superlift/ORD Stuff/More coming!!

4. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Read inside it will tell you who built them. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    Toby is a great guy good to see him on the cover and hope to wheel with him and Matt soon in Mason /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Mama said you are working your butt off getting ready for the run coming up. I think some people are going to Mason for one final run before deer season starts and the trails close. I would like to go be the buggy project will keep me busy till the first of the year I'am sure. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

6. TheLakeRat

yeah i have benn busy. it's amazing that even though i know months in advance i always end up rushing the last 2 weeks to get everything done in time.
    By the way Toby built both those bumpers himself. In the article it says that Elmer (bigdog) built them but it was a typo.
    Too bad they are closeing after this week. I was hoping to be able to go 1 last time

7. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Mason would be nice, but Independence, Die Trying, and Power House Road will be so much better. I have never seen the tough trails at Mason though. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Billy Ray, start working your ass off so you can finish that thing quick. I wanna see some pics. I can't wait to lose some body on mine. Matt, it always seems that the work ends 10 min. after we are supposed to leave for a run and starts as soon as I get back. Plus you have to take care of all of the crap that you put off while you were gone and working on your vehicle before you left. Oh, by the way, I need a power steering pump from ya.

8. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

yeah, i saw that cover last night at work as i was dumping them on the belt /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    didn't get a chance to look at it though, maybe mine will be here today, since we worked them last night /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    billy, i think i may have to check into that ram system, when i finally get one going, (or if i am lucky, 2 going) got to help the fellow texans out (even a fellow jeep owner /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif )

9. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Matt's Chevy only has a Jeep body but it's heart is all Chevy. Just ask him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. fourwheelerjeff

i was just saying that tongue in cheek to give hm a hard time /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    my jeep has a chevy engine and tranny /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

11. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I know you are just jacking with him. Hell I do it all the time. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

12. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

If takes a few people to keep him honest. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

13. fourwheelerjeff

that is what i like about this sport and four wheelers in general, especially us texans, we can poke fun at each other and razz each other, but it is all in good fun, but if you need help, all you have to do is holler /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

i have met some great people here and out and about and only a couple of bad apples

also, in case anyone is interested i am really getting tired of wishin', so i think i am going to build my 88 with my one ton stuff and really use it to wheel, and take the stuff off of my 79 and 83, and sell them, maybe without so many irons in the fire, i can concentrate on one (well maybe 3- 74 k5 and 80 k20 also) /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

so, i am going to try for clayton and the next blazer bash and whatever else comes along!!

14. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    so, i am going to try for clayton

[/ QUOTE ]
    Just look for a rig that is hacked up and black, it'll be me. At the rate I am going now, probably won't be much blazer left. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

15. fourwheelerjeff

i will prolly see you when you are home at Christmas, you might need some help changing your blazer up /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

16. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah, I saw the cover with the windshield sticker, that's to cool, I'm still waiting to see someone make it on the cover with a CK5 sticker. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

17. TheLakeRat

You know what really sucks/ I had the sticker that you gave me packed to tkae with us and put on if he didn't get in and somehow it got lost. The CK5 sticker was going to go at the bottom of the windshield. Sorry Steve you were almost there.
    While everyone else was taking them off we were putting them on. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    The great thing is that i've gotton at least a dozen calls this week from people that said they saw the sticker and web address. Can't beat free advertizing /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

18. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif