Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How am I gonna make this work..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mike reeh, Jul 28, 2001.

1. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

Im going to be putting 3/4 ton running gear on my 77 K10 shortbed.. the rear upper shock mounts are different between 1/2 and 3/4 ton frames.. Ive seen some people run the shocks upside down, but I dont like this for obvious reasons.. The rear axle will be a 14bolt-FF. Is there a better way? A custom kit? Ideas?

mike
    ps- been lurking a little bit, nice site.

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Most of the stuff you see is for the best articulation you can get out of the rear. You can run a shock hoop or a custom bracket from the framerail to a custom pad mount or new welded perch on the tubes. Or just fab up a center brace and run it like you see them, though you stated you dont like it for obvious reasons. My IAS shocks are made to run upside down. And the RS9000s aren't position sensitive, i.e shock body up or down. Although all shocks have angles in which they are postioned that can affect their dampening.