Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How are the 57" springs Holding Up??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Donovan, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

How are the 57\" springs Holding Up??

Well have you guys had any problem? What about the spring bushing? Let us all know.

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Re: How are the 57\" springs Holding Up??

Hmmm, I doubt my experience is what your looking for, since my rig is a complete odd-ball. But anyway, I've destroyed my springs rather quickly. Being turned backwards with the long, un-clamped side in front definitely contributed and was compounded by not having a wrap eliminating device. I also elected not to bump-stop them and let them invert, which didn’t exactly do any favors for them. On the other side of the coin, I did leave the over-loads in to limit the inversion a bit. In hind-sight, I think that may have also contributed to the main leaf “doing the wave” due to concentrating the inversion flex in the outer portion of the arch. (See pic below) <shrug> I’m going to add an anti-wrap bar soon and put new springs in place. I’m also going to make minor changes to the Springer arms to limit their travel and stop them from inverting with extreme flex (only happened once that I know of but, not something that I want to happen). As for bushings, I've got the stockers and no troubles yet, but, as I said, I didn't get much use out of them...
    [​IMG]

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Re: How are the 57\" springs Holding Up??

My first set ended up warping due to flipping the overload, these were also the 3 leaf plus overload with some stock 52" mixed in. My second set of the 4 leaf plus overload have lasted quite well without the overload flipped, even with all the axle wrap before the wrap bar.