Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How are YOUR neighbors??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Aug 11, 2006.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Just wondering if I'm the only one with neighbors that SUCK!...and have to put up with unessasary NOISE!..

Every day since school let out,one neighbor across the street,who must run an illegal day care center and/or sell dope,judging by the amount of screaming kids in their pool,and traffic in and out all day,has had a kid about 7 years old riding an annoying mini dirt bike with no muffler all day and until dark in circles around the yard--which aggravates the always barking dog 2 houses away,and its getting VERY irritating!!..they use the dirt bike as a gas powered baby-sitter,and the kid is an expert on making it backfire every time he goes flying around the back yard..

They never seem to sleep..I often see cars coming ang going at all hours,if I happen to be up,going to the bathroom,etc..they never heard of a doorbell,every car uses the HORN instead,no matter what time it is..or they YELL at the top of their lungs!..

Then the guy with the yapping dog also now has a pool ,and several screaming brats--and a four wheeler,that thankfully they haven't rode much lately..(a cop moved in next to him,it put a big damper on his barn burning summer parties,complete with a live band,thank GOD!..but the kids and dog are enough to drive me insane!--cant sit in my own yard and enjoy a little peace and quiet..Why do kids SCREAM so much anyway?--sounds like they are being murdered! (not a bad idea..:rolleyes: ).

Sunday mornings are THE worst!--they all must be aitheists,none of them go to church---instead,they MOW THE F'N LAWN!--at 7 or 8 AM!--then get out the weedeaters and leaf blowers--my next door neighbor is an idiot--his grass has bald spots galore,yet he wont let it grow over an inch tall!..I don't blame the town of Methuen MA for banning lawn mowing until NOON on sundays!..I say SHOOT anyone who does!..

Then there is the endless parade of Harleys and crotch rockets racing up and down the streets constantly--and booming "ghetto blaster" stereos i the ricers who "cruise" all night!..:doah: :mad:

So--do you guys have to put up with S*** like this 24/7??...How are your neighbors??--considerate??--or a$$holes??..

Its really getting to me--I live behind 13 new car dealerships,and 2 more are being built as I type ..all I hear is excavators,jack hamers,dump truck tailgates SLAMMING!--(sound like a bomb going off!:yikes: )---every road is dug up,detoured,or closed--and numerous car alarms from the new cars going off at the dealerships!..luckily I haven't had any vandalism yet,but I'm expecting some--many teens now prowl the streets here,there never was any until recently--many moved in from other towns with higher crime rates..BB guns are being used to shoot car windows and store windows all the time here,and smashing and burning mailboxes is # 2 on the list of "fun" they have..mine was bashed in a few weeks ago!..:mad:

I don't know where my sleepy little town went..20 years ago it was so quiet you could hear the Taunton river flowing 3/4 of a mile away..now all I hear is jake brakes,sirens,and all the other noise I already told about..I need a break from it!..:surepal: :mad1:

Oh yeah--we had several misquitoes test positive for the "EEE" virus here--so they sprayed the town with "Anvil" tuesday to help kill them..so maybe I'll get it and die,and not have to put up with this crap anymore!:(

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Neighbors, what neighbors?
    My Closest neighbor is about 500 yards away. Beyond that, about 1/4mi.

But I hear what your saying, and it's exactly why I live where I do, and it's getting a little crowded for me at this point (more traffic, subdivisions going in 1mi down the road...etc.etc..), we're looking to move. That really sucks and I feel for ya. I lived with similiar conditions (well, ok, not as bad as what you describe) when I was younger, and I hated every second of it.
    Unfortunatly, the only way to fix the situation is to move. So start searching now....

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

WOW, mine are pretty quiet.but a new fam moved in kiddy corner from me and has like 7 kids.he drives them around in a trailer being pulled by his riding lawn mower on the street.:haha: :haha: they used to live in the ghetto so they must think this is farm land and they can do what they want??it sounds nutty where you live.:eek1:

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

it seems no matter where you move they just build it up for more people. where i grew up in taylor mich it was all feilds. then came the projects.:rolleyes: now two thirds of the police are there every night.ask PAULY383

5. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Sounds like your area has gone to hell... what can I say other then I second 73 k5blazer. You need to move, end of story. Other wise adapt, cause most lousy neighbors don't change in my opinion.

Hang in there, Cary

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Not bad really. I guess they figure because of what I do and what's parked outside, they know better than to get stupid around here although...................

A few weeks ago, dispatch calls me on the phone. She received a party complaint (it's about 2300 on a Sunday night) from my next door neighbor. Seems the party goers, which I learned later had approximately 35 cars in attendance began parking on her lawn.

Now I knew about the party when I went on duty earlier that day. There were only about 5 vehicles parked outside. When I was told there was about 35, I was wondering just where the hell they were parking them. If I had saw that coming, I guess I could have opened up the back 40 and charged a couple of bucks for parking.:haha: :haha: :haha:

Back to the thought in progress though. She called me because the local PD was out of town on vacation (one man agency) and she couldn't get ahold of the reserve officer. Normally with those circumstances, we don't have a problem taking the call. We had one problem. We had three deputies on duty. One was west side, one was central (me) and one was east. Well I was out on the west side of the county assisting on a traffic stop, the west side guy was way out west, and I called the east side guy and he was in town. He was the closest one available and he was 30 minutes away. So I tell dispatch to dump it off on him.

About ten minutes later, dispatch calls him off the call, she finally got ahold of the reserve officer. The reserve then comes on the radio and goes "10-8."

Let me paint a picture now. I live on the NW corner, the neighbor with the complaint is just south of me across the street and the party house is the first house south of her. The reserve officer lives 3-4 houses north of me. His response time should have been a minute tops, maybe 15 seconds at best. I wasn't watching my watch, but I swore it took him upwards to an hour and a half to check out at the party house. A few minutes later, he radios that the situation had been taken care of and he was clear.

Now I don't know about y'all, but I really was dreading the next day. Some people have the impression that because I live in this town, that this town is my one and only responsibility in life. They don't realize that because my car says county, I could be on the other side of the county working. They also like to show up to my house and complain about the PD they have. I have had plenty of thoughts of putting a sign next to the front door stating that if they are going to bug me about their PD, they have a city council to take care of those things for them. It's not our job to deal with their petty complaints. So far, I haven't done it......................................yet..............

I figured this lady would be banging on the door early the next morning complaining about how we're not doing our jobs and that the local PD is worthless and how the weather sucks. I figured further that she would call the sheriff complaining about our non-response which in turn he would call me because I was the head cheese for that shift. Neither happened.

Ran in the PD chief a few days ago and couldn't resist, I asked if he had heard from the lady. Sure enough he had and all of those complaints I figured I would be dealing with, she nailed him on. We didn't hear a word one from her.

***DISCLAIMER***

The preceding may give you the impression that myself and my department could care less about the general public and their complaints. That is far from the truth. In reality, my department not only assists the small PDs a lot, we also do some headhunting in their towns and take their calls if they need us to. The towns we live in, we also tend to give the citizens some peace and mind at end of shift when we show up and instead of heading to the house early, we check around town.

In closing, I'm just a jaded asshole who calls it like I see it:D

7. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am so worried that my neighbors feel the same way about me. My neigborhood is quiet most of the time. But sometimes I am up building something or working on someones car. Although if it is past 10 pm I will shut the garage doors. When we moved here we didn't have any neighbors the third ones in our developement, now it is mostly full. My next door neighbor is a car guy and has lots more junk than me. All in all the only problem I have with my neighborhood is the lack of friendlyness, my wife go and talk to everyone on our street when they move in and try to stop by and say hi but no one seems to want to have anything to do with each other.

8. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Yeah, and whats the deal with the unfriendly neighbors? I'm real friendly and I don't run the air too early or late. The PG has an open 'fridge policy but only one of my neighbors ( real cowboy family) ever drops by.

Every one else is just a car going in or out of there garage, never see the people outside. Maybe the Blazer scares 'em.:confused:

9. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

besides the piece of s**ts down the alley that I cought crap for here because I posted about there looking like gang members partly because of their tattoo's and just there "look" which by the way all those of you who gave me crap, I have found out that they ARE ALL ex-convicts and the cops ARE very aware of who they are and have been patrolling the alley like mad. so those that gave me flak, YOU WERE AND ARE WRONG!!

there is the punks across the street that dont give a rats ass about who's car they hit with the foot ball they play in the street with. have found my truck has been hit with oranges. the splat on the ground looks like it comes from their house's direction. I would love to kill some of my neighbors.

10. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

move near me..mostly everyone on my street/neighborhood has a reputable job or is retired. ie policeman/teachers/nuero surgeon:eek1: ...and maybe have only 2-3 cars go by in an hour:p: only problems are sometimes youll hear a ricer or two pumping there gangster music past midnight..but it never bothers you unless your awake

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

The appts I live in arent to bad. The poorwhite trash that lived across the parking lot moved out. He would come back from the bar everynight about 2 or 230. Either fall out of his van and swear loud or make a racket opening his door.

Now im probably the disturbance in the complex simpley do to the fact I have a dirty vehicle most of the time. The are 5 people living here now. Old retired guy, a old lady, a guy who works for the same company i do but in a different town(hes a office guy though) and then down from him is a girl about my age who must be the town bicycle cuz there is a different car or truck there about every night:haha: :haha:

I helped her fix a flat tire on her car one night seems nice, but definatly not gonna chase after that

12. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Mine are fantastic. Nothing across the street but an open grassy field. Nothing behind me but a church parking lot. The neighbors to the north I hear nothing from and see even less. The neighbors to the south we hang out on their porch in the evenings with them a couple times a week. He is retired and loves yard work. I had me a real busy week a couple weeks back. I mentioned that I finally had a day off coming up and would like to borrow his lawn mower. I got home the next evening and he had mowed my lawn. weeded all my planter boxes, trimmed all my hedges. Damn nice if you ask me.

13. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah I live in a nice neighborhood with a few retired couples and a few young families. But one of my neighbors takes the whole homeowners association president to a whole new level. More like neighborhood nazi, in fact a very good friend of mine who I met when I moved in moved into a different neighborhood because of said neighbor, and he is even retired!!! Thats how much of a douche this guy is. Oh yeah here is a post I wrote about him a short while back to rant of his pathetic ways. Oh well, I try to look on the bright side of it. He's old, and he'll die before I do.:haha: :haha: :haha: . Or after I get out of college, I will buy out the houses on both sides of him and rent them out to frat party boys. BWAHAHAHAHA I will rue the day, oh I will rue the day...BWAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!:haha:

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176386

Remington

14. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Wow, you've got it bad. Sorry.
    My last house was awesome but it was a ranch so the only thing I dealt with was coyotes. Now that I'm in a sub it's different.
    I have a neighbor that, believe it or not, feeds the local crows from the landfill!
    Every morning at 5:30 like clock work, the crows come over and start squawking.
    It drives me nuts even though I get up around that time.
    Sat. & Sun. it would be nice to sleep in just a little.
    Maybe I'm bad but there has been times that I get up and fire off my starter pistol or BB gun to scare them away.
    I'm waiting for the day when the cops all show up and think I'm firing a real gun! :eek1:
    I even made up some alum. brackets that I put on my roof and ran fishing line across the peak to keep the birds off (it works).
    A few weeks ago after a long day roofing my shed, I kicked back to have a couple beers and cranked up the tunes (it was 6:30 PM) and what happens?
    Someone calls the cops on me!! :mad: . The funny part was when the cop showed up and said "Nice system" but sorry, someone is complaining.
    It pissed me off because not only do I deal with the crows now but it seems everyone has a dog that just keeps barking and barking.
    I don't mind the dogs or if someone has a party or just about whatever but then they call the cops on me at 6:30? WTF.
    I guess I shouldn't complain but I just can't stand birds $hitting all over the place.
    You should see the peaks of the roofs of some of my neighbors :yikes: :yikes: .
    I've heard that if you feed them rice the just about blow up? hummmm.

15. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

feed them anything that bubbles..they cant burp or fart so they explode!

16. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Until last night I had no problems with my neighbors, asshats were whooping it up until, well they're still yackin away over there and just fired up the barbeque at 7:30 AM. Idiots

17. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is...... ur.........Boom! :D
    Duck, the sky is falling......
    Wouldn't that piss her off if she went out and watch the bird bombs in the am? :rolleyes: :haha:

18. diesel4me

Guess I'm not alone...

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who's tired of being kept awake nights,and aggravated all day, by moron neighbors dogs,car alarms,loud music,etc..the dogs and screaming kids are the ones that bother me most..the kids scream all day like someone is killing them!--if someone WAS harming them,nobody would go help,thinking its just their usual playtime screams!--but they will be back to school soon!:D ..the dogs are just plain aggravating..I blame the parents and owners for not telling both to STFU and behave!...they are too busy smoking crack to watch them probably..

The dirt bike gets annoying,but since I'm a gearhead,I could live with it--especially if it still had a muffler on it--its better than screaming brats!..but it aggravates the dog 2 houses away,(which is left outside to rot in a pen 90% of the time)--next thing you know,every mutt within a mile is joining the chorus..and 2 of the loudest belong to cops!--one is a Rottie you can hear 1/2 mile away,that lives behind me 800' away--another cop (the chief of police here!) owns a KENNEL about 1/4 mile away!..in a RESIDENTIAL area!..wish I could get a variance to repair stuff legally in MY yard--but my last name is spelled wrong..:mad:

What makes it worse is I've been here 20+ years,and have watched the area transform itself from a serene,forested area with much open space,kind of like Maine is,only to degrade into housing,shopping centers ,and ghettos..crime is increasing daily here..addicts shoplift here,and dopers sell drugs in the store parking lots..vandalism is the only form of entertainment for teens here,other than doing drugs or drinking..

A BIG mall and "Super"Wal-Mart helped fuel the destruction when they moved in ten years ago--ever since ,our population has tripled,and a flood of immigrants and folks escaping from Boston have moved here,and traffic is insane!..now another "Super" Wal-Mart is in the works ,only 3 miles from the one near me!--making the town of Raynham I live in the ONLY one in the USA to have TWO of them!--and only 13,000 people live here,and maybe 45,000 in the next town over..I cant see the need for another one here,when many towns between here and RI are "dry",as far as shopping centers--they have to come HERE to shop!..adding greatly to our already traffic clogged roads...

Housing prices here skyrocketed the past 10 years--my parents built this house in 1978 on 4 acres of land for 55 grand!--now its valued at 350,000,and my mother has since sold half the land!--and taxes are nearly 4 grand a year..yet we have NO rubbish collection,NO kids in school,NO town sewer or water..nothing!--we have to PAY 55 bucks for landfill priviledges and 1 dollar for each bag we toss--plus bring it there!..

You'd think in a nieghborhood of 300-500 thousand dollar homes,that kids would not be allowed to make a moto-cross track out of what was once a pristine yard!..and the town would have at least rubbish collection!..NOPE!--our town rakes in millions on taxes ,but gives very little back to those that paid them!..

Behind my house is a big wooded swampy area,the last one untouched by development--it goes about a mile back,before you hit an interstate highway..you go back there,and suddenly its fairly quiet again,but you can still hear the din of traffic,and all the other noises..I spent an hour there yesterday..its like jekyll and hyde,walking from the street in front of my house,to the property line nearly 1000' out back..looks like nobody has been there since the Indians and Pilgrims were!..yet 1/4 mile away,its a booming metropolis..:screwy:

Therefore,my yard is a sanctuary of sorts..I see deer all the time,foxes,coyotes,and once,even a moose!.:eek1: ...but they are all packed into an area of only a few square miles,and many get killed by cars on the local roads and the highway about 1/4 mile away--I've even seen deer in Wal-Mart's parking lot!..they simply have nowhere to go anymore!..(the moose was struck by a duallie pickup and killed about 2 miles away 2 years ago..:( )

Another thing that irks me,is now my every move is being observed--not that I'm doing anything wrong,it just seems every time I do any yard work,etc,I have nosy people walking by,or looking over the fence,gawking at me..

I miss my privacy!..there was never any houses nearby,now I feel like they are closing in on me..our "neighbors" are strangers too..I hardly know their names,everyone keeps to themselves--no "front porch" Mayberry friendliness here!..never been invited over when a party is going on,or to take a dip in the pool,etc..but from what I see going on,I don't think I'd fit in with them anyway..

All I can say is they had better not EVER call the fuzz on me,if I happen to be making noise!..I'm tempted to break in a new cam with open headers at 3 am one of these nights!..but I wouldn't!..I do play my stereo loud,but only because I cant hear it over the dogs and dirt bikes and brats--and never after 9 pm either...but you can bet if I did,they would not hesitate to call the cops on ME!...:mad: ..

I'm afraid it will be like this no matter where I move--every place I see Eric Estrada selling on TV that looks nice, says the poulation there is expected to grow 35-50%--now WHY would I want to live there,and watch the influx of people RUIN another pristine spot??...I need a mountain top in Alaska I guess...:surepal: ..

19. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

My neighbors have a pool and the kids are always playing in it and yelling and screaming, but thats cool in My book. I was a kid once and made a hell of a ruckus at a few pools in My time. Now if any of the neighbors wants to complain when My Daughter gets up big enough to play outside and makes a little noise I'll be more than happy to show them the property line.

20. diesel4me

I made noise too,when I was young!..

Like I said,the kids will be back in school shortly,so they won't be annoying me then..but as for ME enjoying MY summer,well,I guess that ain't gonna happen,unless I go away!..sucks when you cant enjoy your own yard..guess its the american way..the right to do whatever you please,and F*** the neighbors!..:surepal:

I think much of this has to do with high gas prices..parents decided to "stay home",and build a pool,rather than go to Cape Cod or other beaches close by..or go on vacations to NH or ME like years past..last year,the 4th of July here was as quiet as a church mouse,because everyone went away!..I guess nobody could afford to this year..seemed like everyone had 50 people in every yard,and cars parked in the street for 1/4 mile!..

Funny thing is,today its been rather quiet!--usually weekends are worse!..I'm sure its just the calm before the storm though..the day is still young!..I bet tomorrow,at least one boob will fire up a mower at 7 am,like usual!..:mad: