Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how are your tires balanced?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5_beater, Oct 28, 2002.

1. k5_beater

k5_beater Registered Member

i have heard of some off the wall trick where someone put some <font color="red"> BB</font color>s in side the tire to balance them. has anyone heard of, or even done this! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

new to me...
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yep, BBs and golf balls are popular with the guys on PBB. Personally I'm going to try a variation on that and use mouse balls. </font color>

4. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I started using balancing beads that come in a bag. They have been used on semi trucks for some time now. They come in a clear thin plastic bag that you break the tire bead and drop in. The bag breaks apart after a few miles and the beads go to where the imbalance is. I purchased mine from www.gemplers.com they are kind of expensive, but i found it alot easier then having to rebalance every couple of months when i lost a chunk of rubber to a rock. I have been using them for about a year and have had no problems. You just can't use any tire sealants (fix-a-flat or slime)or liquid ballast in your tires. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif