Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How bad is too bad for lift?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MightyWhitey, Dec 5, 2005.

1. MightyWhitey

MightyWhitey Newbie

Hey guys, I know you can help me out. I want to lift my blazer about 4" (suspension)...and the body has all the "normal" rust, rockers, fender, a little in the floor. I plan on putting on sliders in place of the rockers and do some cutting on the fenders. I haven't been able to really tell if the frame/rest of the body is too bad to try to install the lift...in fact I don't really know what too look for. Does anyone have any advice they can give me on what to look for to come to a conclusion?

Thanks in advance!
    -David

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Check the tail pan area (where the tailgate mounts). Also pull up the carpet in the bed area and check around the mounting bolts for the rear of the tub. Then pull up the carpet by your seat belt mounts and the floor where it drops for the rear passengers seating area. Those are the most common areas I've seen and personally experienced with all 5 of the Blazer's I've owned. If all of your body mounts are in tact (all 10 of them, including the core support for the radiator) I see no reason why you shouldn't lift/wheel your rig. :wink1:

3. MightyWhitey

MightyWhitey Newbie

Thanks a lot....I'll check it out soon!