Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How bad would 2" BL be on 4spd K10?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ben B., Feb 26, 2007.

1. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

GRRR

I hate to even ask this.

I have like a 2.5-3" all spring Superlift kit on my K5 sitting outside that is currently not running. My K10 is stock. Instead of shelling out $500 on a new kit, I might just steal the lift off my K5.

The lift on my blazer did NOT clear my 35's however. The only way I can solve this is to hack my [newly restored!!!:( ] K10, or go with a 2" body lift.

Now my truck is a 4speed and all that jazz...how bad will the bodylift mess everything up with the shifter, tcase, fan shroud, bla bla.

Would I just be better buying a 4" lift kit? [if anyone has 4" leaf springs for sale let me know] benbloom@hotmail.com

2. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I couldn't really go over a 2" body lift on my truck because the clutch would bind. This is with a mechanical linkage.

3. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

Blah...it's definitely gonna be easier just to get the damn lift kit. lol. I hate bodylifts.

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I am running a 1" body lift and have no problems, but also have a hydro bellhousing.