Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how base model is this? 83 with dome lamp and a/c deletes, haha

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Dec 19, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

my 83 k20 is Custom Deluxe and original with black rubber mat floor which is now gone and is just bare blue painted floors, and not even hole for dome lamp in celing, and no holes for threaded door operated dome lamp switches, however does have two courtesy lamps on each end of dash, for the floor pans. but has dual tanks and non a/c heat system with off position and does have both sunvisors but i removed pass side one cuz was noisy annoying, door panels are basic plastic mold with no straps or chrome anything, and dash pad is basic non vented with solid trim panel all way across and basic black instrument panel bezel with normal guages cluster with normal large speedo and fuel and small volts and oil and temp and nothing in fourth small guage hole cept white circle in middle

anyone else have both dome lamp and a/c delete option in their 81-87 ? haha

ive never sene dome lamp delete in any truck any year 67-up til now,.

im glad i do /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I've actually been looking for the dome lamp cover for my blazer and they are the same in pickups just need two for the blazer. I have looked in every chevy i have come across in the junkyards and very few even have a dome light. The ones that do either don't have the cover or have a busted one. Who'd a thought that!!!

3. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

My 88 crew cab dually I just bought does not have a dome light option. It is a base Custom Deluxe as it was a GSA truck.

Russ

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Buddy has a 1983 C30 Crew Cab Custom Deluxe, with no options I can tell, except maybe the 4.10's in the rear. (if 3.73's or something else was "standard") Power nothing, no AC, no dome light, no door jam switches, no interior trim. Plain jane.

5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my 83 k20 sounds exactly like yours /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif YOU STOLE MY TRUCK :looks outside: oooops sorry /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i like it, less sh*t to go wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sounds just like a buddies plow truck, which is also an '83, with no options. He replaced the passenger door and the one he got had a power window. So now the drivers side has a manual crank, but he has a switch under the dash to roll down the passenger side without reaching across the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Yeah well mine was soooo base model it had a stereo opening block off and no wireing at all for a stereo and had only 2 gauges (gas, speedo) rest were idiot lights. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I've actually been looking for the dome lamp cover for my blazer and they are the same in pickups just need two for the blazer. I have looked in every chevy i have come across in the junkyards and very few even have a dome light. The ones that do either don't have the cover or have a busted one. Who'd a thought that!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i have some, haha, i keep finding good ones, last one i got from 84 ands another from 80 and others i have around haha

need em still ?
    my stepdad needed one for his 82 k10 and so i gave him one too, im the only one that seems to run across them all over the place and never needs them though haha

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    My 88 crew cab dually I just bought does not have a dome light option. It is a base Custom Deluxe as it was a GSA truck.

Russ

[/ QUOTE ]

wow an 88 bnase like that, hum evenn more wild

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Buddy has a 1983 C30 Crew Cab Custom Deluxe, with no options I can tell, except maybe the 4.10's in the rear. (if 3.73's or something else was "standard") Power nothing, no AC, no dome light, no door jam switches, no interior trim. Plain jane.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool sounds just like mine cept cab model, haha

i could look up what ratio was std and what were available with what drivetrain combos for that model of 1 ton if you wish, each ratio was avaialble only for certain drivetrain combos and only one ratio std for each drivetrain combo that was avaialble for each model of truck,
    its complicated!

but,.,,.,. if GQ1 is listed on SPId lable in the truck, then it has std equipment ratio for the drivetrain originally installed in the vehicle, so..

thats easiest way to explain all this,

12. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah well mine was soooo base model it had a stereo opening block off and no wireing at all for a stereo and had only 2 gauges (gas, speedo) rest were idiot lights. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

damn /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

reminds me of 67-72 years base model haha

there are alot of radio delete trucks back in that era, but hardest to find are heater delete and 68 choke delete! heater system delete is $$$$$$$
    and thne you have your upper clutch pedal rod firewall hole cover plate or plug(depending on what year, some were tin and some were plastic)

and all of the trucks without rare optional shoulder harness belts had the common round threaded shoulder harness bolt hole plug up high in cab corners next to back glass opening.

oh and sometimes on the duallies and some other models back then they had a delete for the pass side sunvisor, would be no screw holes or anything for one haha. i had a 68 C30 dually like this hehe you had to order pass side one to get it and also to get inside rear view mirror, no holes or anything for it, crazy stuff was optional back then, evne worse than in 73-up, i have never seen actual radio delete in 73-up yet so far, but alot of them probably got removed and ppl stick in a sterio of their own haha, and 73-up heater delete i have yet to see one of either, closest so far yet is the non a/c setup

oh and 67-72 cigar lighter delete plug are pretty common, i have a 67 one, 67 are different one of a kind, and dash knobs also,. i have a few laying around somewhere. and 68-72 too
    they are black plastic, i find them in junk yard now and then, and also got one from a 68 panel and from a couple other 67 68 trucks, 69-72 got better about not having so much delete equipment installed. and tilt started for 69 model year /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif but hard to find now, but van tilt column through 79 works for 67-72 trucks, are same thing /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and 79 older van armrests same as 69-72 truck ones too. also door handles inside and crank handles and v8 p/s pump lower engine block mounted cast iron bracket is carry over also.but the stamped steel van bracket doesnt go back to engine mount like it did on the 65-72 v8s, instead just goes up to exhaust manifold front end

13. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds just like a buddies plow truck, which is also an '83, with no options. He replaced the passenger door and the one he got had a power window. So now the drivers side has a manual crank, but he has a switch under the dash to roll down the passenger side without reaching across the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha
    easy fix at least, but one of those projects that tends ot never get done, but wish it would :P w eall know how those go!

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My 1 ton was the exact same way! No radio, no dome light, NOTHING. Vinyl seat. Just a 1 ton 2wd longbox with 4.10s and an open diff, 350 TBI/TH 400. I think the auto trans instead of a hydro cluch 4 speed is the only option it has. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif