Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how big a tires can i get?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jj4465, Aug 6, 2003.

1. jj4465

jj4465 Registered Member

i was just curious what the max for tire size is with no lift...and whats the max with a 3 in lift...approx? thanks

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

33's with no lift and with 3in lift well do you want to trim the fenders some? i have 38's with a 2.5in lift /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

depends on if you want to trim or not... with a little bit of searching this answer will be found... it ranks in at about third in the "answered all the time questions" right behind "How to beef up a dana44", and "Will one ton axles bolt up to my rig" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

**grabbing popcorn**

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    **grabbing popcorn**

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Ive seen 44's with 1inch lift

7. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    **grabbing popcorn**

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It really all depends on how scared of cutting sheet metal you are.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i was just curious what the max for tire size is with no lift...and whats the max with a 3 in lift...approx? thanks

[/ QUOTE ] Are you willing to regear or swap your axles ??? Best thing too do is just drive it like it is till you decide what you'll be willing too spend more money on. My understanding is you wanta go 3" becouse you don't wanta get new drive shafts. Correct me if I'm wrong. But anyways, you can't go slap on big tires with 3:08 gears and not expect too burn out your automadic transmission. If you're going too do it, do it right. First decide how big of tires you want, 35's are a good place to start.
    Then get a lift (or fender trim) big enough too clear those tires under full flex. Next either swap in a set of axles with the propper gears, or regear the axles you already have. Then you can bolt on your big tires. If all that sounds like more then you want to do, you could alway sell the truck.

9. Fletch79

Fletch79 Registered Member

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif