Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how big is my lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by oldschool75, Sep 25, 2002.

1. oldschool75

oldschool75 Registered Member

can anyone tell me what the height from ground to center of front fender with 35" tires and a 4" lift. i am trying to figure out how big the lift is on my 75'

2. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

My lift is pretty big, don't know about yours though. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Do you have 35's? I am assuming you do since you asked for a truck w/ 35's and a 4" lift. Many factors will determine the amount of lift, such as the age of the springs and brand of springs.

3. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

If ya have blocks in the back, just measure 'em.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

measuring the blocks in the back will give you a ball park idea. some 4 inch lifts come with 3 inch blocks ranging up to 5 inch blocks to level the truck out.
    best you can do is find a stock truck in the same era with good condition front springs and measure from the frame rail to the axle tube. make sure the truck has almost the same drivetrain though. for weight purpouses....
    that will get a closer figure. but like stated before, you could have an OLD 6 inch lift only making 4 inches of lift now.
    grant

5. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

i can't believe everybody just whips out their jimmy's and started measuring. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Well my little buddy is 106" long with a 4inch implant /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    lol!

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Measuring from the ground to the body is not going to get you an acurate lift hight. If the truck has a body lift it will also include that so your not getting lfit hight of the spring you getting total lift.
    Measure from the top of the axle tube to the bottom of the frame. a 4 inch kit will typically clear 35's on the street with a little fender trimming. 6 inch lift will clear them no trimming for the street but bot will need trimming to atleast the inner fenderwell for off road use. If I quits raining I'll get a measurment on mine. I know I have 5 inches in the front and 6 inches in the back of spring lift. I also have a 1 inch body lift on the truck.
    Now a little known deal is this. While a spring may say 4 inches of lift it usualy a little more. My front springs are 2.5 inch Rauncho lift spring. I also have a 1 inch Zero Rate in the front pack and that is 5 inches of lift. On a big block truck it may have been less since there is extra weight. My guess is most 4 inch springs are closer to 5 inches. I know BigJBear runs 4 inch fronts and 6 inch rears and come out at the same stance my truck has.