Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how big of tires can i put on??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88k5blaza, Oct 30, 2002.

1. 88k5blaza

88k5blaza Registered Member

ok i have a stock 88 k5 with no lift of anything and i was wonderin how big i could go and still get all the suspension travel so i dont rub on the road i dont care about off the road but on i dont want them runnin when i hit bumps and stuff

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You don't care if they rub off road? So you don't mind shredding brand new tires? 33s will fit with very minor trimming, they probably won't rub on road, but may hit the corners of the fenders off road. 35s will fit if you don't mind hacking the bejesus out of the fenders. </font color>

3. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

alot also depends on teh wheel you use. If you go with a 33" tires on a 10" wide rim you will rub alot more that if you ran a 8" wide rim

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I have an '87. I've been running 33x12.50 15R BFG MT on 15x8 rims for the last five years, stock suspension. At first, I had some rub on the right front fender, front edge. Adjusted the steering stops, no more problem. I can rub the front end while wheeling, no problem. June was the first time I had rubbed the back tires, I was in Hollister. If you do mild wheeling, you are not going to have any serious problems. If you wheel a lot, then do some fender. BTW, I might be getting ready to step up to 35" in a few months, and then it will be jigsaw time.

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

you could probably run the largest Sears Road Handlers they make, no problem /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. 88k5blaza

well i dont really want to cut the fenders too much and i have 10.5 wide wheels so 33 are lookin like the biggest i can go i guess? if anyone else has any suggestions feel free i dont go wheelin that much so anyone in the same boat let me know!

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Would you consitter a small lift like a 2" or 3" body lift, or a 2.5" or 4" suspension lift ??? I went with a 6" suspension lift, now I'm consittering adding a 3" body lift. Current plans call for either 35" or 36" tires. But I do off road every chance I get, and plan on being able to FLEX.

8. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

How much you use it, what kind of suspension you are going to run, and how much you trim will make a big difference. With no swaybars and 4 inches of lift, my 33's touch the back INNER fender of the front on my K30. Yes, 33's. This is also as a rear tire is hanging in the air, but still, I was a bit surprised.

9. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

44" Boggers. They'll fit like a glove

10. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

I just put on new wheels and tires. 15x8" and went up from 31-10.5 to 32-10.5 last month. It looks and handles great and no chance of rubbing on a stock rig.

Backlash

11. 88k5blaza

thanks for the help and i would like to keep it stock with no lift i just wanted some bigger tires because the 31's on it now look lost in the wheel wells