Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How 'bout a "How to get yerself banned" forum?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mofugly13, Apr 12, 2006.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I suggest that all threads that result in a banning be locked and moved to the "How (not) to get yourself banned" sub-forum, where potential troublemakers can see what kind of BS will get them booted, and the rest of us who enjoy the drama, can see for ourselves what went down.

I also vote for a "chop wars" sub-forum, modded by BranndonC.

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I second the chop forum.. a division of the lounge :) and I would LOVE to be a mod there ;) I'd make sure only clean pics got posted

3. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I agree . We should have a classics form and have it in there . We also need a big p!ssed of smiley with a big banned hammer posted right next to the banned person name for comic affect :haha: . This would also be usefull for the mod's to pop in to a suspect thread and wave the hammer around a bit and :whistle: ......... That may get some attention and get people to simmadownaw :D

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I can understand the curiosity factor, but often there are comments that are so over the top they can't be left up. If you were the target I'm pretty certain you wouldn't like having the comments left up for everyone else's amusement.

If you need details you can always pm one of us.

A photo-chop sub-forum is a pretty cool idea though, OTOH chops do fall into the Lounge's current charter...

I'll mention it and see what Steve thinks. It could be fun, especially if enough people particpate.

Rene

5. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

its always the idiots that screw it up for everyone else....

now if we could all just figure out how we could handcuff someone here and give them a good ol blanket party...

I also hope we dont go over the edge in censorship... I realize steve and the mods have to worry about non members or wussy members who might get offended by something and then make a legal issue for ck5,,,,

when sexual harrassment came to the department and we all got clamped down tight it became tedious after awhile,,, you never knew what you might say that might offend someone elses sensitivities,,, and get sued or disciplined... it muted everything you did,,, after awhile the males were just as much wussies as the females,,, equal opportunity wussies
    I saw someone get banned lately for expressing apparently unhealthy personal views on homosexuality,,,,
    I had to go thru gay sensitivity training... that was all fine... until the gay coalition brought a person into my station and told us we were a bunch of jerks (Ill keep the language clean)... apparently some knucklehead thought that insulting us where we lived and bled was important for preparing us to deal with the gay community...
    made me pissed.. I got up and walked out... told the person that he was a fool

you cant cram anything down anyones throats....
    deviant lifestyles, racism, sexual harrassment,,, we all probably at some time in our life have experienced it,,, and how it made us feel,,, and we all have experienced the PC stuff to "correct" it
    sometimes I think you just have to let nature take its course

put all the idiots on an island surrounded by sharks

6. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

I dont think it was because he disliked homosexuality. Im pretty sure it had something to do with the fact that, mass violence and childlike anger were brought into the thread.

I agree the too much censorship is a terrible thing, however IF someone came in and said I kick the sh!t out of all the vegans I see and they should all die. Would you want that to go on?

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree, the problem in the original "gay" thread was not his view, but the extreme position advocated and the way it was expressed. I have no idea what happened after that.

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I concur. It was the total assjackery that accompanied his opinions on homosexuality.

9. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Im curios to whos been banned, timmy, hipinion and gauder? Who else?

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yes a shark island forum where all bannies are exiled....:haha: :bow:

11. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Dirtwarrier....something or another...
    There are others but I can't remember names.

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Russ made it sound as though there were others that joined the banned with HiPi.But maybe I mis-read.

13. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

that's kinda how I took it, too :confused:

14. camiswelding

I agree the too much censorship is a terrible thing, however IF someone came in and said I kick the sh!t out of all the vegans I see and they should all die. Would you want that to go on?[/quote]

Im not sure I would get my panties in a wad ... because it is the internet...and buttnuggets abound everywhere.. especially when they dont have to face you... you know the type,, internet terrorist that cries when mommie calls him for dinner.... NOW I guess if you ALL said it I would definately feel unwelcome and would go elsewhere... but heck Id do that anywhere... there was a time when a mod contacted me and asked if it was ok that so many people were bagging vegan lifestyles... and I LAUGHED... youve got to be kidding me... if I can take it when people beat me I think I can handle a little ck5 jousting

Anyone know if guader (ryan) was banned??? he was working on a bender project with me and I just got the bender... we were going to reverse engineer it for everyone on ck5... to see if we could make a lo-buck hi quality one... my jd2 model 4 just cost 2500 bones!!!! and with only 2 dies... ouch... never mind.. I just looked,, hes one of the famous lonely banned ones now...
    AND NO BENDERS for the rest of you!!!

15. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

they say hes gone forever

16. camiswelding

hmmm
    meat eaters being eaten by meat eaters.... now thats the ultimate karma feedback:haha: :haha: :haha:

17. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Banned like Kramer from Joe's fruit market.

18. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I can understand about not wanting the way over the top stuff left up. I would like to have seen the thread on the chiropractic stuff though as that's what I do and I'd like the chance to respond to any untruths. :D

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You should be able to email him still Cam...

20. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

Cam, I see what you are saying. All I was trying to suggest is that you SHOULDNT have to tollerate it, and that is why I believe the mods took the action that they did.