Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How bout Southern Oklahoma Trails?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by laketex, Mar 1, 2000.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Here's the ones I know of.

Clayton, Ok ---- haven't been but have heard it is awesome
    Disney, Ok ---- have been, all rocks, can be very extreme
    Heard there's something around Lawton...
    Little Sahara, and not too sure where it's located.

Any info would be [​IMG] and very appreciated. Or anybody in the area that likes to do rides, hang out, work on each others rigs, talk shop, whatever? Mine should be running trails by early this summer, what about yall?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

LT you've been holding out on me.....Okla got trails? I see a trip coming up and going up past the Red River...WK

3. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

Lawton is great. I have been to fort Sill, you can check in and go to where they test drive tanks and hummers. They dont care what you tear up or where you drive as long as you dont cross this one well marked road where those tanks fire there arsonals. Choppers on manuevers. Camping, hotels and titty bars down the street. This place is fun. Im in.

DangerBrett
    life is a race, you have to look good and go fast!

4. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

Oh ya, I also know a guy that owns 400 acres of mountian outside of Clayton. Im in for that one too. I think I found a motor and hopefully $ for it. I'll have it broke in by the Benbrook BLAZER bash.

DangerBrett
    life is a race, you have to look good and go fast!

5. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Sherman, Denison, area has some trails, like Randel Lake/Lake Randel, also on both sides of Lake Texoma
    near Hwy 377. Also behind the new Sherman Mall there is some good hill climbs, and I have been told there is some quicksand along the Dam, both sides.
    Good luck

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

A local shop heads to Clayton and Disney alot. My grandparents live up in Adair, not to far from Disney. I've taken the boat out that way a time or two. Clayton is cool. I'm trying to get up there but still gotta drive the old blazer everyday and I've screwed up enough stuff to keep me babying it for a while. Check out http://www.samsoffroad.com there are some pictures of the clayton run that they went on up there. I'm thinking 'bout setting up a run to Disney later in the summer. It's pretty midway in the U.S. so maybe alot of K5ers can make it. Disney got some good press, it was in fourwheeler about 2 months ago. Some pretty rough stuff, pretty cool though!

Kyle
    89K5

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Where are you from, Executioner that you know Sherden trails? I grew up in sherman, wheeled below Shadow Mtn Trailer Park along the tracks off 1417. Also some stuff behind the National Guard Armory, another hummer run. And the place behind the mall is called 80 acres, used to run there everyday, but cops have been writing tickets lately. They closed off some of the trails with huge stacks of brush, and filled in a lot of the Pit.

I went to Disney on a Samurai run two weekends ago. It was an awesome time. A buddy has a sami, quit gaping!! The swiss army knife scorpion was there, as well as a few jeeps on full on Chevy running gear. It was pretty cool. A bunch of samis and a few hardcore whatevers.

Well mine will be up and running this summer, and I'm always looking for hookups to run with. Anyone here near Durant??

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey DangerB, they've got titty bars? Hell I'm there. LOL

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

9. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Well I lived in Sherman from Feb.1996 to July 1997, and did some wheeling when I could,
    them Texans are wheeling' people !
    I am now in Tuscon, AZ. and really miss the "MUD"
    Later