Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How can I fix my drive line???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by madups311, Apr 7, 2002.

1. madups311

madups311 Registered Member

I have a 79 GMC Jimmy and I have put in over 5 U-Joints, recently on the way back from a rooting weekend I shot the rear driveshaft out the back of my truck while going over 80 mph (not fun) I am looking for cheap ways to fix the problem, I am going to get a driveshaft built for my truck that will be longer, The idea I have is a angled spacer to fit under the rear lift block on the rear axle (to fix the angle change, but will this work??? BTW I have a 4" skyjacker suspension and 35" tires, What have you done to fix your problems??? Do you have any other cheap and easy fixes???

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Well shimming the rear end up is a good start, try lowering the T-case an inch. Also what T-case do you have? If it uses a slip yoke, have a driveshaft made with a c/v joint and your problem will be solved. If it doesn't use a SY and lowering T-case/correcting pinion angle don't work, then it may be time to get lengthened driveshafts.