Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How can I tell a K5 with a removeable top vs. one without?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by moe., Jan 16, 2001.

1. moe.

moe. Registered Member

How many did they make with the removable top, and how many without?
    I was looking at buying a couple trucks today, and didn't notice if either one was removable or not. I was just wondering if it was uncommon to find one without a removeable topper. Thanks.

'75 Blazer blue/white
    350/350

87 Turbo Regal
    a few bolt-ons
    12.69@107.7

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Hey i think the years were from 69 or72 to 76 when they had full removable tops. You can kinda tell sometimes by the different paint schemes ontop. Someone else will know too

[​IMG]

3. moe.

moe. Registered Member

Thanks, I was asking about the later years, (80's) cuz sometimes when i see cataolgues or when I'm ordering something, I see it say 'for vehicles with removable top'. I thought they all had removeable tops, either the whole thing, or just half.

Did a search and found out some info, that they all had removeable tops until the body style change (92).
    My 75 comes off all the way, but since I got rear-ended, and had it estimated today, they said it will cost 12hundred and change to fix it. So they will probably total it out. So I was looking at buying a couple others, and they where both in the late 80's I didn't think to do a little investigating. I guess they all came off in these years, to some degree.
    I'm going to see if when (if?) they total my truck if I can buy it back. Cuz I can just fix it myself, and take the money to buy a newer truck, with less rust.

'75 Blazer blue/white
    350/350

87 Turbo Regal
    a few bolt-ons
    12.69@107.7

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

69-75 Full convertable
    76-91 Half Top or rear only removable
    92 and up not removable

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

5. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The reason that you see "for removable hardtop" in catalogues is because some came with factory soft tops, so they have to use notes such as that to distinguish the two.

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>