Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How come liquor stores don't....??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Feb 2, 2007.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

DELIVER????....:confused: ..just wondering..

Here's a story for you...

I have a problem with a few crackheads who live next to my friends shop--every time I go there,either the guy or his girlfriend want a ride to the liquor store (or some other place,usually to buy some illegal sustances)..they aren't "bad" people--just a pain in the butt!..the guy usually works hard doing roofing,makes tons of money,and is deaf--but spends it all on crack..his girlfriend is at home all day with her 3-4 year old daughter..(I feel bad for that kid--what a life she has..:doah: )...they are always bumming ciggarettes,asking for rides,money,anything they can get..

I no longer give them rides,after I learned what they were buying!--I dont need to be seen chauffering them around--I dont do drugs,and don't want everyone who knows they are dopers to think I am too,especially the cops..now they think I'm a jerk for not helping them,but I could care less!..

My friend even went as far as giving them a deal on a nice Caravan for 500 bucks,so they could have their own vehicle..but they blew all their money on drugs,never got it registered..now they have junked it for scrap,to buy more dope!--had given the title to some dealer in exchange for dope,so no one else could buy it (he's in jail now!)..I wanted to buy it for my mom, it was almost identical to her Caravan--what a friggin waste of a decent vehicle!..:screwy: :screwy:

Anyway,I was wondering...if we can get pizza ,DVD's,prescription drugs,Chinese food,and many other things delivered right to our home,why not BOOZE??...:dunno:

Yeah,I suppose robbery would be a potential problem.(pizza delivery guys here get punched in the face and relieved of their cash and pizza's quite often)....but you can call a dope dealer and get it delivered,so why not booze?...it would help keep drunks from driving while intoxicated,and be much more convienient!..at least I would be getting hounded for rides ever time I go see my friend..:surepal:

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

When I lived in Dunellen, NJ, there was a combo liquor store/pizza parlor that delivered... smokes too...

":Eh, gimme a large pie with snausage, case of Molson and a pack of boros!" :haha:

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

The problem is in the age verification , liability , and social accepted "norm"

How many Friday night High School parties would order , and have a "friend" who happens to be 21 , answer the door and get it for them ?

The (insert favorite hippy type group name or political party or any other whatever the hell screwing up America group ) wouldn't let it fly , the mothers and fathers wouldn't let it fly , and any politician who wanted to be elected again wouldn't let it fly .

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah, I should have prefaced my post with the fact that "I" got delivery didn't mean they delivered to everyone... I knew a few guys there and only lived a few blocks away...

5. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

Is it illegal? They have drive-thru liquor stores... And the friend who answered the door could just drive down to the liquor store, no difference there. I think it's a feasible idea, I'm gonna look into this. My buddy works for a liquor store I'll ask him. The story was definately not necessary though...

6. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Liquor stores should deliver. That's the bottom line.

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

In Canmore, you can dial one number and get just about anything delivered right to your door. :thumb:

8. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

I aree. But you should always have a good stock on hand, as i do. You never know what is going to happen.:D

9. BigEasy

BigEasy 1/2 ton status

What a great idea. There's always that situation when everyone's knocked a few back, and then you gotta find someone sober to make a beer run for ya'. Delivery would kick ass! Or at least deliver a 6 or 12 pack when you order a pizza.

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

we had a store down the street from us that would deliver.but we went there all the time and we had sizable orders.it was kinda nice.:D

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I see the problem lying in, false deliveries. Driver is sent out to deliver a case of beer. Gets there and everyone "forgot their ID at home" (**pause for the irony of BEING at home...), and then they have to cart that beer back to the store. It gets warm in the mean time and skunky when they put it back in storage, and all they did was waste money driving back and forth.

Thats my thought on it anyway. Its not so hard to go to the bar and grab a sixer or go to the beer distributor and get a case. But in PA, bars are plentiful, and every town has a Distributor, however crappy the hours.

Eh don't get me started on PA and the "legality" of alcohol.... freaking quakers.

12. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Good man!

13. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Have a system to pre-verify they age of the purchaser. Have I.d's on file or something.

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Thought of that. It could work, just have to go in once and verify your address and all that information. Then just present and confirm ID on delivery. Would work out better. Could require giving your Drivers License number or something on ordering(though that could be an issue for folks who don't have them, that would undoubtedly use this service). There is a point too... say someone loses their license, and finally decides, "ok I'm an idiot, time to quit drinking..." oh but its just a phone call away....

Eh, if someone opens one, it would be cool, but it will be 50 years before we see it in PA. Hell they only legalized liquor stores being open on Sunday in the past 2 years.

15. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Ours are closed on sundays :(

And only open till 6 pm on remaining days. I feel your pain. just have to plan in advance.

16. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

they deliver here :D

beer anyways, there is a few servises the JUST do that, and will take back your emptys ect.

but mostly cabbies do it, and ask for ID at the door.

they just cracked down on it because they were charging an ass load for a case so now there is a limit on what they can charge.

and remember in Ontario you can ONLY buy beer at the goverment regulated store aptly named "The Beer store"

and booze and the LCBO, (liquore control board of Ontario) store and they have some beer there too.

you cant buy booze ANYWARE elce save some supermarkits have wine in a seporate store inside the main store, and brew your own places!

17. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Man, you guys are living in some backwoods kind of country, aren't you??? :rotfl: :p: :p:

Our liquor stores are open 16 hours a day, 365 days a year. And our drinking age is 18. Old enough to die for your country, old enough to drink. :thumb:

18. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

If by backwoods you mean South Carolina then yes.

:D

The "blue laws" as they are called here basically limited what you could do on a sunday. It used to be really bad: You could buy a can of food, but you couldn't buy a can opener. You couldn't buy a bathing suit or any clothing, except at a store that is on a body of water. Coffee and tea (unbrewed) were out also (basically, anything that was imported).

Most stores can't open before 1:30 pm on a sunday. But you can buy beer/wine/liquor in a bar or resturant on sunday. No carry out though.

19. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Yea I hear ya. Different store for booze and beer! What the he11 is that? I only want to go out one time, to one store. PA is making it hard for me!

20. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

We have the MLCC also Manitoba Liquor Commison of Canada that sells all our hard stuff and beer, but any hotel in the province sells cold beer. Also in smaller towns the corner store sells everything.