Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how come there are ppl my age that are balding ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Sep 7, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i know its genes and such, but man its crazy,
    ppl my age, early 20s and such, theyre frickin balding, some of them badly,
    alot more than i realize,

wierd....

im not and wont be anytime soon, my father hasnt even begun to and i dont think he is going to anytime soon, but i wouldnt care if i was anyways, id just cut it all off like most of the ppl my age do.

hmmm.....

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Heck, a buddy of mine went from a full head of hair in the 8th grade to being almost bald up top in two years........

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Genetics man... if your moms dad was bald, then chances are you will be too, or show some signs of it...

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Balding is Matrilineal (female is the carrier)...

I went bald about 24...went to school with a guy that was bald at 19....

It's really no big deal unless ya try to do combovers and transplants.....or a frickin' Rug...or a dang ponytail

I prefer "Au Naturale"... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I almost wish for it, but theres no chance, maybe a monk patch one day, but I'm cursed with really thick fast growing hair.....If I were to keep getting my hair cut it would cost me about a 100 bucks a month, my hair grows about 3 times faster than normal... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifborn to be a fawking hippy, I guess... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI guess I'll go back to cutting a foot off the ponytail once a year.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

DHT (DeHamumbleTestosterone)
    Testosterone converts to several other chemicals, Estrogen and DHT are two possiblties - the two most harmfull.

T converts to DHT, DHT attacks the hair folical, hair falls out.
    DHT allso has been linked to Prostate problems (cancer).

Some people naturaly rid the body of DHT, some don't. (genetics)

Meny of the anti-baldness products that are avalible, attempt to limt the conversion, or quicken the natural path of eliminateing DHT.

Saw Plamento and whatever it's active ingediant is one of the more popular items, that will be commonly found in some of those products.

7. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

yeah i had really long and thick hair till i was about 19, by 21 i was almost completely bald. i couldnt bring myself to do a comb over before i could legally drink, so i completely shave my head.

i've pretty much worn a hat or bandana 24/7 since i went bald, funny thing is that i never wore hats before that.

on the plus side a bottle of shampoo lasts a LONG time, and i havent paid for a haircut in at least 4 years....i figure i'll save quite a bit of money over my lifetime since i dont have hair /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I got bummed when my high&tite flat top became a shaved head when I was 23. I think gravity has somthing to do with it since thats about the time it all started to slde down my back /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I lost alot of hair when I turned 21, but stopped and am now 36 with about what I had then. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifScary /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I'm working on growing out my sideburns so I can do one of those swirly things around the top /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Whatever you do man, don't.....do.....a.....comb-over!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There's nothing worse when having a comb-over and standing in the wind opposite of the grain and having the hair flop in the wind like a feather. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

11. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

I got a set of those $20 electric clippers for my 21st birthday. I asked for them. Nobody thought I was serious. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Mow my head once a month. Mow my face twice a month. You could say I'm a waste of follicles. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The time and money I've saved is amazing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Good thing my wife likes me for who I am - not what I look like /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Remember those GI joes form the 70's with the fuzz all around the face and head? Thanks for the memory /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Kung Foo Grip /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I was told that I have a "receeding hairline" when I was 16. By 20 I still had a "receeding hairline". By 30 I still had a "receeding hairline". (although it hadn't moved a centimeter) By 40 it still hadn't moved. Now, at 51, my hairline is still receeded. I just have a big forhead... I only notice it when it rains... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I cut my own hair most of the time and If i wouldnt get something even my mom would do it. Saved a chitload of money. But now my mommy isnt here and I dont have clippers so I gotta go to supercuts or something....

15. BIGDAN112686

BIGDAN112686 1/2 ton status

im 16, and my hair is leaving me quick. sucks really bad, so ive decided im not cuttin my hair for quite a while and its startin to get covered up which is good.