Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How Detrimental Is Missing A Workout?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

It seems every Saturday I fall asleep when I get home from work and miss my supplementation and workout. It's happened twice now and I make it up Sunday (will make it up, today), but it really hoese my every other day routine.

I never seem to have trouble during the week. It's been Sun/Tue/Thur for two or three weeks. I just keep being a wanker on Saturday.

So anyway? How bad is it?

As some of you may know, I do everything I actually get around to doing obsessively, so it's really messing with my resolve.

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

work hard rest ard...listen to your body.. dont be obsessive,,, not if you want to be fit for life...
    if you are pro athlete.. or depend on your body like a soldier.. swat copper... gator wrestler... or ck5 mechanic... then you need to take care of it with exercise each and every day,,

being a vegan helps... energy... and knowing if I miss a day what Im putting in me isnt breaking the fitness bank... so I think what Im saying is that OTHER aspects of your fitness routine on off days can be beneficial and that you really dont have anything to worry about

Fitness studies,, nasa etc show that high levels of fitness begins to wane after about a week or more with sedentary living... or space travel...
    On your off days do something fun fit wise.. a walk with a girl... sex... more sex... even more sex... that will keep you mentally and physically on track

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Brag, brag, brag, damn sheepherders.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I workout 2 days on and 2 days off and then 3 days on with the following week the opposite. All because of my stupid soon-to-be-ex-wife's work schedule. Those days I'm off are the days I have our two kids.

I've found that my diet hasn't been watched that closely anymore but I'm not gaining weight from a little bit of junk food. As long as I don't miss a workout on my days on, I'm still burning the food off even on my days off. My supplement is only whey protein supplement and I am seeing lots of changes in myself thus far. I only wished I could workout more but would rather have a treadmill at home so I can run on it on the days off while the kids are at home with me. This way I can get a run in every day to keep my weight steady and down along with my metabolism.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Uh, so is it going to be detrimental or not?

6. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

if you've got a solid, healthy routine you've established with your body, missing a workout or 2 isn't going to kill you.

but not being able to stay awake when you are instead expecting your body to perform leads me to believe you aren't doing something right.

7. Resurrection_Joe

I think it's just trying to do it an hour before I go to bed. Think I'll take a quick rest and watch some L&O and I end up sleeping all night after a double the usual shift.

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

RJ.. my wife lifts and diets for figure competitions..( think fitness competitor, without the gymnastic stuff).. anyway, when she misses a workout, she doesn't try to make it up or anything, she just waits until the next scheduled workout and goes from there.. Her trainer says that's the way to not let missing a workout hurt her.

Hope that helps.

Tom

9. Resurrection_Joe

Thanks!

Just finishing up now....