Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how did yall build your 454

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5texan, Oct 11, 2002.

1. k5texan

k5texan 1/2 ton status

I got a tbi 454 out of an 89 truck and was wondering what mods yall would suggest. I was thinking of of going all out with the edelbrock performer stuff because they make stuff specificly for a tbi and its made for idle to 5500rpm. There performer plus cam #2162, performer tbi manifold #3764, and performer high compression 454-0 heads #60499 then boring it about 30 over with flat top pistons. Also what do you think about the performer multipoint efi kit is it worth the extra money or stick with the stock tbi.
    thanks
    jared

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

DAMN! You really want to dump some $$$ there huh? Sounds like a pertty solid combo to me! If you get aftermarket FI, I'll pay you $400 for your stock stuff if you have the comp, harness, intake and manifold! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I looked at the Edlebrock cam, but it seems suited more to top-end power. I bought the CompCams 11-206-3 instead. It has much milder specs, but it makes a lot of power right off idle. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The tech that I talked with at Edelbrock about their 454 multipoint kit told me that it's designed for stock engines only. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. k5texan

k5texan 1/2 ton status

there catatlog says that the multi point is designed for either stock or those heads and cam listed at the top. i probaly wont do the multipoint i think the heads are going to drain this college boys pocket book.