Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How Did You Guys Do Your Snorkle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by teamgerth, Mar 2, 2005.

1. teamgerth

teamgerth Registered Member

I'm need a snorkle and would like to know how some of you built your's. I have some ideas on how to do it but would like some input and different ideas. Thank you

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is the only post I've seen so far: http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128772&goto=newpost

Probably wouldn't work for you since I believe your truck is the earlier body style and tapered also. Otherwise the people around here take dryer vents or any flexible tubing they can get their hands on and clamp it to the air cleaner, cut a hole in the hood or the fender, then run it up and duct tape it to the roof. Kinda like a lot of the removeable ones you see in TTC. High tech rednecks I tell ya. BTW, you got my vote.

3. teamgerth

thanks for your help and vote. while out practicing for the tank trap a couple of weeks ago i sucked some water and mud into my motor so now i'm pulling the heads off to find out the damage. i want a double snorkle so i know i'll be getting enough air. the hardest part is finding something that will fit good over the carb flange.

4. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

I run mine into the cab/under dash with a stock TBI intake tube...but that probubly won't be high enough for the tank trap.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just remembered there's a company that makes "ram air" stuff (haha). They make an air cleaner with two circular inlets, the diameter I'm not sure of, but it should be enough to feed your engine. ramairbox.com I believe. That and plenty of silicone would do the trick for the engine side anyways.

6. teamgerth

Checked out www.ramairbox.com and they have one with a 6" single round outlet that should work. Have to order it in the near future, it is around $270 to my door. Small price to pay to not suck water into the motor again. Thanks for your help guys.