Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How difficult is it to add AC

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by huntsonora, Jul 11, 2004.

1. huntsonora

huntsonora Registered Member

I have the m1008 that runs like a champ but might be moving to Phoenix with a promotion. How difficult is it to add an AC system? I know I will need a new dash with ventholes as well as the compressor, hoses, accumulator, condenser etc.... How much would something like this cost and how difficult would it be? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Drummond

2. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

I did that to my old 1009. The easiest thing, and cheapest is to find a similar year truck or blazer, w/ a/c, and swap it out. You will have to replace ALOT, and way too expensive to buy all new. I bet you can find a parts truck for next to nothing with exactly what you want.
    Eddie /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

A/C in Phoenix? Why? Just learn to sweat well. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Tell ya what though I'm borrowin my Dad's truck for a couple of weeks and the A/C makes your ears cold. Is definately a plus. Whereabouts are ya lookin at in Phoenix?

4. huntsonora

huntsonora Registered Member

Probably in the Mesa/Chandler/Gilbert area. I know that is a large geography but untim I can get out there and see whats available I am not sure. I lease a ton of land for hunting down south of Nogales and am looking forward to being able to spend more time down there looking at ranches on the weekends. Thats another reason why I would like to have the AC system, its hot in Hermosillo this time of year.

Drummond

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ii don't blame you for wanting A/C...I drive around with the A/C on for 8 months out of the year. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

It seems that it would be pretty dificult to swap all that stuff in especially the switches and wiring.

Are you attached to your military rig? If it was me I would probably just buy another blazer but just a thought. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Oh fine yet another CK5er movin clear out there. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif You'll have some good company out that way though.