Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How dissappointing......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazey, Apr 28, 2004.

1. blazey

blazey Registered Member

Well sorry but it looks like you just bit of your own noses to spite your faces. I am the guy with the post that was very frustrated trying to find a set of seat tracks for my k5. Some folks were pretty nice, and some were not. Some were having fun with me to get me to pay some dues so that i could post in another area. Well I was just about to pay when my post disappeared. That's just plain rude and not a way to get a guy to pay dues now is it. So long story short, I put my credit card back in my pocket and decided to keep my money to myself. I'm sure some of you have hit the same frustration point I have at times trying to find what seems to be an easy part to find. Deleting posts and being rude to a new member is deffinately not a way to make friends. It's very disappointing indeed. You wanted me to pay dues and I was about to then you decided to show your true colors I guess. Not really sure why. I thought this was going to be a board full of grown men and women that wanted to make new friends and talk about our favorite hobby of 4x4s. Now I see that your just a bunch of children. At least just acted as if you are a bunch of children. very very disappointing. Sorry you decided that your crowd is just too good for me and that I am not worthy. Funny thing is that we never even got a chance to know each other. Someone mentioned in my post that you guys were the type to give the shirts off your back for friends on this board. Sorry I was not worthy. Maybe I can find a better group on the net for 4x4. Way to treat a newbie guys. You should be proud of yourselves.

Bob

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

With thousands of members, sometimes you don't always catch the most friendly ones on your first post. The reason your post disappeared is because the moderators thought it looked like a "parts wanted" type of post. I'm not passing judgment on it myself, but if the mods see that kind of post in this forum, it gets deleted, whether it was posted by a paying member or not. I suggest you hang around a little bit longer on here and see how many good people we have. Folks are bound to get rubbed the wrong way sometimes, but that's the internet for you, it has a way of bringing out the worst in people, and many people act much differently on the internet than they do in person. You will not find a better GM 4x4 site on the internet, period. There is so much knowledge floating around here, you just have to weed through the dickheads sometimes to get to it. A lot of people think that since they have been here for such a long time that they are somehow higher on the food chain and can push newer people around. I'm sure the administrator of this site, Steve Fox (coloradok5), would not be happy to see people telling you to go away. I think if you give it another chance you will be pleasantly surprised. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

Hey nobody wanted to offend you, they were just explaining the rules. You can't post a wanted add in a regular forum or it will be moved. I read your post and didn't see anything wrong with it, except that it should have been in the wanted section, which you can't post in until you pay. I hope the didn't scare you away by telling you to pay. Sorry about the frustation. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sorry you feel the way you do but there are rules on this site and one of them is that parts for sale or parts wanted belong in the proper forums. unfortunately your post became a parts wanted post. so since your not a paying member it cant be moved to the right forum so it got deleted because the post was against the rules. if we just moved it to the correct forum then there would be no point in paying because hey you could just post it in the wrong forum and it would get moved. see where I'm going here? so thats why the post was deleted. there are many members here that will give you the shirt off there back and some wont. stick around and ask some other questions about your blazer or truck and see how people respond then. then you can decide if you want to be a member or not. you need to understand your first posts here were breaking the rules of the site so thats why some people acted the way they did. oh and one last thing fill out your profile including your email addy and maybe the nice person who said they had some would email you and sell them to you since you cant pm them without being a paying member or look in there profile and email them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I too would encourage you to stick around. There is alot of great info here to learn and share.

6. blazey

blazey Registered Member

Well I can see how my post did turn into a parts wanted post when one of the members started messing with me and telling me that they had a few sets. Then I asked if I could get one. I originally posted to vent my frustrations. Now I feel more as if I was baited into asking so the post can be deleted. Who knows. I guess I'll stick around a bit and see if things go differently. If so it will be worth paying some small dues.

Bob

7. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

thats to bad your first experience on this site was a bad one but im sure everyone will agree that we are all very friendly people with a lot of knowledge about all offroad vehicles not just chevs.
    I came here to talk with others about vehicles im into and see other chevs similar it wasnt to make new friends but it sure ended up that way this is a great group to chat with and wheel with.

you should stick around a while and learn something. dont buy the membership untill you see how we really are then I gaurantee you will pony up

oh and welcome to the CK5 board. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess I'll stick around a bit and see if things go differently. If so it will be worth paying some small dues.

[/ QUOTE ]
    good to see you are going to stick around /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif you will find that most (95%) of the people here are great people to know and be around and will help you out any way they can /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

You are leaving us, we arent leaving you. You broke the rules......your post got deleted. This is a great internet 4X4 club full of great people. Of you dont want to be a part of it and leave us then I guess we have no choice but to tell you goodbye....wish you wouldnt leave though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. blazey

blazey Registered Member

I did just go update my email address so I can recieve PMs. I'm a California state worker, yeah I know you should feel sorry for me, which means I get paid once a month on the 1st. Maybe I'll pay some dues on the 1st and see how things go. As mentioned you never know what your going to get on the internet. Just so you know. I have been going through a lot lately and am very stressed out. The way my last post went down really did kinda feel like a kick in the teeth. But hey, no one here could have known whats going' on in my life lately right? So this is one of those times to step back, regroup, and try again. No hard feelings!

Bob

11. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Welcome sir! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Im sorry to hear about your misfortune, sometimes life SUCKS. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

12. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

blazey
    Welcome aboard /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I just joined and I'm already hooked. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

14. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Welcome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif What kind of truck do you own or want to own?

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Phbbbbbbbbt email me your username and password and I'll buy you a month

16. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, I'm the one that deleted your post. No offence intended to you, but as was stated, there are rules to the use of these forums. Plain and simple, any thread that starts as or turns into a "parts wanted" thread does not belong in the Garage. "For Sale" and "Wanted" are privileges reserved for members. If that happens with a members thread, we move it to the appropriate forum. For non-members, they get deleted. If it happens more than once, the offender is warned, and if it continues, they can be banned.

If we let posts like yours stay in the Garage, there are guaranteed to be 2 results. One, members who paid for the privilege would be complaining that non-members are getting the same thing they had to pay for. And two, if we let a casual, kinda "slipped over the line" thread like yours slide, then unscrupulous people would start using that as a technique to get privileges they do not have. With a site the size of this one, you can be sure there are MANY who act like a 2 year old and push the boundaries at any opportunity only to complain and attempt to justify with statements like, “Well, *they* did it and it was ok for them!” when they are reined in.

Sorry if you were offended, but you are not being singled out, I would have done the same (well, move or delete depending) to absolutely anyone on this board, paying member or not.

17. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Dang! I didn't know I had the power to delete stuff! I said, in the other post, "Delete this damn thread!" as a joke. A few hours later...Presto!...post deleted! I should try that more often /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Blazey - You shoulda read the rules, it was a textbook deletion...

18. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Deleting posts and being rude to a new member is deffinately not a way to make friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up dude,,I think every person that signs on as a newbie has to deal with a little ribbing and has a few posts deleted or moved,,I know I did,,,I thought every post I made was worthy of the extreme engineering guy's at first but after getting my hand slapped a few times I've realized most of my posts belong in the garage or lounge,,,It's just a learning curve till you figure how the site works.

Glad to see your willing to give it another chance,,,I've learned TONS in the short time I've been here,,,,Well Worth the dues,,,,,Welcome aboard /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

yup you got it all figured out don't ya. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

20. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

Yeah I hope to see you stick around. Eventually you will understand how ck5 works and like a few others have stated, 95% of the guys here are here to help. The other 5% are padding their post count in the Lounge /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif