Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do i bleed the rear 14Bolt F brakes?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Jul 13, 2002.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

someone??? gotta do it tomorrow and need to knwo tonight /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Cant find my dang book anywhere...

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Just the same as bleeding brakes on any other axle. Make sure your master cylinder is full. have someone else in the truck if your doin it the "old fashioned" way...Have your assistant hold the brake pedal while you loosen the bleeder screw....Brake fluid will fire out of the bleeder, along with whatever air is in the line....When it stops tighten the screw and tell your helper to release the pedal. Do this untill there are no bubbles left. Start on the passenger side, then go to drivers side. of course there are easier ways to do it.......You can get some pretty cool [censored] at the auto parts places that will aloow ya to do it by yourself. The hands down best way to do it is to take it to a brake shop and have them power bleed it....Thats what I did.....My body is the shop manager guy at the Big O place in town, he did it for me free. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Thanks...

I thought it was the same but wanted to make sure!!!

lol

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Just a tip from the BTDT file. Stick a block of wood under the brake pedal so it can't go down to the floor. Often enough cycling the master cylinder to the end of it's stroke will wipe out the seals inside. A 2x4 works fine...just enough to prevent bottoming out the master cylinder.

The first time I did brakes on my Jimmy I ended up having to replace the master later.

Rene