Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do I change where my TH350 shifts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Topdown, May 19, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Title pretty much says it all... Where/how do I change the shift points on my TH350? I am shifting right as I enter my power range and its pissing me off /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

unplug the vacuum line from the modulator on the tranny and use a small flathead screwdriver and turn the little screw inside where the vacuum hose hooks to the modulator i believe you turn it clockwise to make it shift latter keep doing this till it shifts where you want it to /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

That only works if you have an adjustable modulator installed. Factory modulators do not have this feature. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

To change the shift points, you can install a governor recalibration kit as well as an adjustable modulator. These two will allow you to change the shift points a few 100 rpm and a couple miles per hour. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

You can always install a manual valvebody and shift it yourself. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

well i was just assuming it has been rebuilt with a new modulator installed