Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do I check the Jet size in my carb

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BRN78BLAZER, Jun 3, 2003.

1. BRN78BLAZER

BRN78BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I've been having a lot of trouble with my rebuilt carb, 2bbl rochestor. Its on my 78 305 4 spd blazer, an dthis vehicle has the heavy duty emission option which means from the factory no cat, no canistor and definatly no egr. I just found out that if you put an egr carb on a non egr engine it will run to rich and cause sluggishness and other things because the jets are different. Well it does run rich and sluggish, and it just had a tune up a few weeks ago.

The fix is to have the carb rejetted, but Ineed to know first how do I measure the juet size? And how do I relpace them?

Any carb experts out there please help,cause this could be whats wrong.

Thanks in advance - Steve.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I just found out that if you put an egr carb on a non egr engine it will run to rich and cause sluggishness and other things because the jets are different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually that should be backwards. The addition of EG(R) requires less air/fuel in the cylinder, so the manufacturer could lean the rods and/or jets out for cruising.

EGR has no effect on idle or WOT if its working right.

Dunno about the 2 barrels, but the Q-jets have to have the air horn removed to check the primary rods, and jets.