Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do i completely rebleed my clutch system??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Silverado4x4, Mar 22, 2001.

1. Silverado4x4

Silverado4x4 Registered Member

I replaced : the clutch master cylinder, new line going from the master to the slave, and the slave cylinder. Still have a dead pedal. How do i bleed this damn thing? I'm trying gravity bleeding it overnite... thanks

2. REDNECK

REDNECK Registered Member

You almost need two people. You have to pump the heck out of it, hold it to the floor ,loosen the bleeder ,tighten it, repeat . It will take a long time to do, and alot of patience to. When you think you should have seen the fluid by now, chances are that your foot has not become numb from all the pumping. I've also heard you can loosen the bleeder and used compressed air and a rag to force the fluid out just keep your eye on the fluid level. Trust me it will be a major PITA! Just keep the garage door shut and the neighborhood kids away. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I did it by removing the damn thing from the bellhousing. For the life of me I can not find the Corvette article about these things, (the one they were bleeding was identical to ours) the article basically said GM's method was wrong. If I remember right, unbolt it, have it tilted at a 45 degree angle, with the bleeder valve towards the sky, and just do the two person bleed that way. Depress pedal, bleed, tighten, release pedal, repeat 1 million times. I did mine and it worked, but I spent a long time trying the other way (GM's way) and I got no where.

Dorian
    My K5 and Chev/Olds tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>

4. jerseymudder

jerseymudder Registered Member

We had problems with my buds S-10. We had to release the pedal,w/bleeder open,drawing the fluid IN through the slave bleeder. Keep the cap on and the resivior full.
    hope it helps.

5. Silverado4x4

Silverado4x4 Registered Member

Thanks so much for the replies. I tried the forced air technique and it took me all of about 1 minute and it was done. Worked awesome. My clutch resvoir has a little hole in it, forced air through there and viola. Thanks alot for the tip Redneck..