Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do I connect my fuel lines to the fuel pump outlets?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LoggieStyle, Aug 4, 2003.

1. LoggieStyle

LoggieStyle Registered Member

I know this seems like a simple question but I really would like to know the proper way to do this. On my old carburated fuel pump there was just hoses running from the hard lines to the pump outlets held on with hose clamps. On my new in tank electric pump that I am using in my fuel injection conversion I was going to try to do the same thing but the vapor line has two small tabs, one on top, one on bottom that would prevent any hose of an appropriate size to fit on it, I would also like to avoid using clamps on the other two hoses if there is a superior method. Did GM use special connectors for going from hose to pump? If so where can I get some? Alternatively I suppose I could just cut the tabs off and make a hose fit, but that seems a little mickey moused and I don't want to play around with the fuel system any more than I have to.

Thanks,
    Logan

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't quite understand what you are describing, but GM EFI engines all use threaded sender to fuel line fittings, at least that I've seen. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. BigJohnson

BigJohnson 1/2 ton status

I just had the guys at fuelsender.com rebuild/customize a TBI sending unit for my swap. I had them put in a 3/8" return line and remove the factory threaded fittings and bubble flare the lines so I could use rubber hose and clamps. I don't see anything wrong with this since one line is suction only and the other shouldn't have extremely high pressure. I have some Parker compression fittings that go to AN6 male adapters that I could use to hook the lines up to about anything.