Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HOW DO I DO THIS!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 72blazerholic, Aug 22, 2002.

1. 72blazerholic

72blazerholic Registered Member

Hey hows it goin i have an sm465 and its made for 2 wheel drive and im putting it in my 4x4 72' blazer and gettin rid of my th350 but how would i make this compatiblae with my transfer case and make it 4 wheel drive it may be a dumb question but i dont know how to do it /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Going to have to know what t-case you have... </font color>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Evan, isn't the 2wd version a 35 spline output shaft? I think you need to swap mainshafts or something.

Rene

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

You would need to swap the output shaft on the tranny, unless it is 10 spline already, but it is probably 35 spline as noted. You also would need to find an adapter for the 465/205 combo. This is way different from the one for the TH350, as it acts at the rear bearing retainer for the tranny. You would also need to swap the input shaft in the tranny to the 10 spline male version, and get the 10 spline drive sleeve. It would be much, much easier for you to get rid of the 2WD tranny, find a 465 with the 205 already attached, and sell the 350/205 combo that you have which would pay for all of the above.

5. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

Slap a divorced t-case in there. Or get the right sm465.