Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do I get back at my trashman?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CK5, Jun 28, 2004.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

My trash guy thought he would be cute and put my empty trash cans behind my Suburban, I want him to know that I can play games also, so what "legal" /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif tricks can I do to get back at trash boy? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Put something dead (like an animal so it's legal) and make sure the garbage bag is a really cheap one, so when he goes to pick up the heavy bag of dead animal parts, it rips all over him /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Just put a few dozen bricks in the bottom of a big trash can, and then put some of the nastiest smelliest stuff you can get your hands on, like take a dump or two in one, or some eggs that have sat in a gutter for a few weeks(in the sun) or a week or two old dead critter. Basically anything that you cant stand to be around. Good luck.

Remington

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You could rig your trash can to light up a string of BlackCats when the lid is opened...or you can just hide in the bushes and when he puts the 'can behind the Sub, jump out and knock him upside the head with a 2x4...

Or maybe you could park the sub in the middle of the cul-de-sac... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'd go for weight. Continually make the cans so heavy that he can hardly pick them up.

Are you wanting to be funny or mean?

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Get a nice new large thrashcan with lid, hide inside right before his usual time to come, have the wife or a friend hide with a video camera, when he goes to lift/open it jump out and scare the #@%$% out of him /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW , then sell the video to AFV

7. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

fill the bottom of your can with concrete.

8. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Not much you really can do. They are most likely Lazy Teamsters so if you put more weight in the can they will refuse to lift it and leave your can full. You should be able to check how much weight you are allowed in your can by checking your contract.

You could put something stinky in the can or wipe dog crap all over it but these guys are used to picking up junk like that and it probably won't bother him a bit.

You could just sit by the cans with a cup of coffee and the morning paper and make sure he understands that you don't want the cans behind the truck anymore. If the guy is just stupid then that might work.

If you want to really piss him off then wait until he is almost to your house and back your truck out in the street. Back out far enough so that his truck can't get past but there is room for the neighbors to get by with their cars. Shut the engine off and fumble around inside for a few minutes. Then hop out and lift the hood. After shaking your head a few times walk up to the garage and grab a toolbox ... stop and grab a cup of coffee on your way back to the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Fumble around until he has to back up and go around the block. Nothing will get them in more trouble than running late.

9. CK5

Yeah, there is a 50# weight limit, I think there is a limit to the number of items as well otherwise he would get 300, 50 pound bags next week. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    A friend down the street told me he didn't like his trash guy so on top of the trash just under the lid he put some lawn clippings and then emptied his bee catcher on top, he had about 20 or so dead bees laying on top, he said when mr. trash took off the lid the guy jumped back a few feet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Ask all your nieboors to fill your trashcan with dog bombs and loaded dipers. Big stinky mess for your garbage guy.

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I would suggest making it stink, but it's the trashman. These guys deal with stuff on a daily basis that I think the rest of us would puke at. He'd probably laugh and be like, my sense of smell is long dead pal!!

12. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Getting back and hurting some-one are 2 different things.
    I wouldn't wish a back injury on anyone and loading up a trashcan intentionally will hurt someone.It doesn't take much.

I kinda like the idea of sitting there in a lawn chair with a coffe and a paper,in you robe.Then Politly asking not to put your trash cans right behind your truck.

13. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I would ask a bunch of ?'s about where the cans were when he came to get them, but don't have time. Has he done this more than once have you said anything to him. My trash guys does anything I want him too. I took a 12 pack of cold ones out and introduced myself, hell when he is early sometimes my can is put back by the garage 30 feet up the drive. It pays to be nice sometimes.

14. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

When he is picking up your trash, walk out and put an empty trash can in front of his truck. Screw being nice!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Here's my $.02 on the issue...

Instead of doing something to get back at the garbage man, starting an all-out, weekly war with him, I suggest a different approach. Next garbage day, leave a 12 pack of beer with the garbage and a note on it saying, "please don't put the garbage cans behind my truck anymore." Now, if you were a person making a living by hauling away other people's sh!t, which option would you prefer?

P.S. Every Christmas my Dad leaves our G-men a case of beer. We never have any problems with our garbage cans, and other than gallons of oil, they will take pretty close to anything away for us. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. CK5

Never a problem, this was the first time. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Really pissed me off this morning.

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, Im thinkin you need to make your can a stink bomb. forget about eggs and poop or even those manufactured stink bombs. My dad's a research chemist and every time I try and tell em that stink bombs, or dead animals or whatever else stinks really bad, he always says "yeah, those are annoying, but (insert long chemical name here) is REALLY nasty. The guy smells lots of chemicals and he usually just shrugs off stuff that would kick my azz... but he says he smelled this stuff once and almost puked spontaneously. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll see if I can find out what it is... whether its easily attainable/makeable and whether releasing it would be dangerous or anything, lol!!! Anyway, one wiff of this stuff would definitely be great revenge.

j

18. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I hear ya thats what prompted my 12 pack for him he put the can in the middle of the drive upside down but not all the trash was out. I was in a hurry and didn't see it so I backed into it then the trash went everywhere. I though about calling the city and complaining, but though why don't I try being the bigger man first. Like I said before hewill take anything now.

19. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Every Christmas my Dad leaves our G-men a case of beer. We never have any problems with our garbage cans, and other than gallons of oil, they will take pretty close to anything away for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what we do...a case of Corona. Our neighbors bring stuff to our pile because they wont get it picked up on there own pile /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I don't have a garbage man so I can't give him/her/it beer /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif