Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how do i get rid of cats without killing them

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by arq, Jan 10, 2003.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

here's the story. my fiance has an indoor cat. it doesn't dare go outside. well, the neighborhood cats have starteed to come around and piss on the door. i want to electricute them but that would be to "cute"(wound't want a fried cat on my door). i wonder if their dic would get burnt off. anyhow, i'm don't really want to kill them just keep them off my yard and specially keep them from pissin on the door.

any ideas

ARQ.

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

dude thats fawked up ! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

B But funny as all hell !

Id just get a HUMANE box trap and catch them and hand them over to the s.p.c.a. either that or do what we do to CHEVYFUMES when he pisses on OUR door, scrub his A$$ with sandpaper and douse it with terpintine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

A. Get a dog

B. Get steel toed boots

C. Electrify the door

4. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

with one of these.........
    [​IMG]
    My Puppy

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

fill a super soaker up with the clear vinegar and spray them! Thats what my uncle does anyway, seems to work!

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Vinegar removes some of their scent, so you can't smell it, but they still can. Usually cats don't spray like that unless there's a female in heat. Is her cat female and not spayed?

There are repellents you can get at pet stores, but I would kill the existing smell with a product called Nature's Miracle. it has enzymes that dissolve the spray so the cats can't smell it. Then spray the repellent on the door every day until the cats go away, then once a week or so for a month or so. That's so that they forget they were ever there. Cats are creatures of habit, so if you break the habit long enough, it works.

Also, if the indoor cat is an unspayed female, get her spayed and it should handle it for good.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Get a dawg. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I had a problem with strays around my house, too... of course, the fact that my neighbor felt sorry for them and had a humungous bowl of kitty food on his front porch didn't help... BUT, I digress...

Went to Animal Control and got a couple of traps (I think I paid a $25 deposit) and ended up trapping 6 strays, and took them to the pound. I guess this might be construed as "killing", but at least it's humane. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

shoot em! (go ahead start hating me now) i can't stand cats! get a good paintball gun and paint em next time they come round! did this to a stray that was buggin my dogs and it hasn't been back for 2 months now.

10. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Cayenne pepper or a pet-safe version thereof might work. Got rid of the cats in my parents' flowerbeds. Somewhere I heard that mothballs work too

11. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

make your self a bottle rocket gun. thats what my grandpa used to do. scares the pi$$ out of them.

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Get the traps. If they're all strays, see if any farmer wants some barn cats.

13. joker89blazer

joker89blazer 1/2 ton status

If you can see them shoot 'em with a low power bb gun or fill a water gun with nair hair remover,it may not get 'rid of the cats but you can brag to your buddies about all the hairless pussy[cats that is!] that comes to your door

14. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Here is what you do.

1. Place a food dish outside your door and keep it full of food for a week.
    2. After 1 week, remove bowl and stop feeding the cats.
    3. The cats will realize there is no more food and move on...........
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

1. Pepper foam
    2. Find the neighbor you hate and put a bowl of food on thier poarch each morning after they leave for work and then call the landlord!!

16. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

go get a humane trap to catch the cats...
    sell the cats to the people who make bonsai kittens...
    no more pee and enough money to pay for the traps!