Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how do i get the dash pad off

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by balzackks84, Sep 24, 2002.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

ive never done this before and i need to get at my two speakers. does it just pop off or is it gonna be a pain in the a$$?

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

You need to take of the plastic piece that covers your guages, heater controls, and stereo, then 4 small bolts along the bottom of the dash starting from about the middle to the passenger side, then (if 81 and newer) one small bolt on the outside edge of the dash on the passenger side (visible with the door open).

3. K05Aggie

K05Aggie 1/2 ton status

It's not too bad. You have to take the gauge cover off. There are four screws on bottom of the passenger side of the dash. There is also one on the right side that you have to open the door to get to. There are some clips underneath the dash. Just pull the dash towards you to disengage them. Then you can lift and maneuver it out. Once you have the dash out you can see how the clips work and it will be much easier the second time.