Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how do i get the dash pad off

Discussion in 'Audio' started by balzackks84, Sep 24, 2002.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

never done it before and i need to get at my speakers. the one on the drivers side in peticular. it could withstand a little dammage cause i have dash mat on it.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Look under the lip for small bolts across the front.

There is a bolt on the passenger side that you can see with the door open, there isn't one on the DS

Also the top row of screws in the dash bezel should come out. Some of them go into the pad, and the other ones being loose should give a little more clearance.

IIRC, I pulled my dash bezel first, and then the dash pad. You may not need to pull the bezel if you're careful.

Also, the pad has some clips near the windshield to lock it in place....if the front side feels loose, (meaning you have all the screws out), but the windshield side feels like it's stuck, just give it a couple gentle tugs and those clips will release.

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Man...I can't believe I'm already posting answers for 2nd Gen K5's!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif