Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do I get these things off.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JohnSPledg, Jun 4, 2003.

1. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

I finally started tearing into my blazer today. It has been parked untouched since May 25, 1997. I have the front end cap torn off, but I can't figure out how to get d@mned windsheild wiper arms off. My goal is to start sandblasting by monday, so they must go. Thanks for the help.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

There's a special forked tool that you are supposed to use, but a little shop towel wrapped around a flatblade screwdriver will work OK too.....

They are just pressed onto a splined shaft....it's seems like there is a setscrew or something, but there isn't. Just get some leverage underneath it, and they will work loose.

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

A Claw hammer, used gently with the claw portion will unlock the spring, and let You slip them off. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Usually You can run Your finger around the bottom edge, and find the clip, I do this and usually bleed from it, but I know where it is. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

4. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help. I will try to take some before pics on Friday if I can borrow a friends digi cam. All hell is breaking loose in the backyard this summer. I have been stockpiling parts all year, now its time to get it back on the road.