Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how do i make the cover of petersons

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dodgetruck91, Mar 16, 2004.

1. dodgetruck91

dodgetruck91 Registered Member

my rig is almost done, and its a dream of mine to make the cover or petersons. any tips? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Own a big fancy performance shop or win a rock crawling championship or something. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Most of those cover guys are more than just in to this stuff as a hobby, they do it for a living.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Build a truck that meets the criteria... Cool, something different, something interesting... If it's just another big show truck, just another big mud truck, etc it probably won't make it...

I've got a meet with Fred Williams of Petersons in less than a month /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. dodgetruck91

wana put in a word for me, the only thing diferent is i built my whole truck for under a grand which includes 14ff/d60, new sheet metal and paint.

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    wana put in a work for me, the only thing diferent is i built my whole truck for under a grand which includes 14ff/d60, new sheet metal and paint.

[/ QUOTE ]
    THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. dodgetruck91

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    wana put in a work for me, the only thing diferent is i built my whole truck for under a grand which includes 14ff/d60, new sheet metal and paint.

[/ QUOTE ]
    THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!!!!!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    lol, i know. my truck isnt even done. it should just get outa spray booth in mid may, thats when the pics will start roling i n

7. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Here's how,

http://www.geocities.com/ncifw/bigbirdpage_magcover.html

In August of 98, Badlands opened their park to jeeps and trucks at a ride called Wabash Fest. After a long day of wheelin', Petersens spotted a few of our Fullsizes and wanted to shoot a few pictures. Didn't think much of it until the December issue came out. I crapped my pant's when someone called and said my shortbed was on the cover! That's my claim to fame! Now days seems you gotta been in the know and on some special list or project ride. Good luck

8. sidslc

sidslc Registered Member

go to easter jxxp safari and get lucky /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Get a new Furd 1/2 ton, lift it 12", add a 3" body lift, 48 chrome shocks, three or four steering stabilizers and of course <font color="pink">hot pink</font> shock boots, throw on some 44's and put some cheesy graphics on the paint. Maybe even a triple bed bar and some flags, just to make sure. Then you're in! You'll have a totally useless rig, but a cover rig. All in fun..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

That would get you on the cover of FOUR WHEELER, not Peterson's.

11. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my rig is almost done, and its a dream of mine to make the cover or petersons. any tips? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Lots of chrome helps. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    That would get you on the cover of FOUR WHEELER, not Peterson's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup

13. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Get a new Furd 1/2 ton, lift it 12", add a 3" body lift, 48 chrome shocks, three or four steering stabilizers and of course <font color="pink">hot pink</font> shock boots, throw on some 44's and put some cheesy graphics on the paint. Maybe even a triple bed bar and some flags, just to make sure. Then you're in! You'll have a totally useless rig, but a cover rig. All in fun..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The bar has been raised to 49" Irocks. (may 2004) Just to be safe, better toss on another steering damper /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

You mean Ford Wheeler? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Yes, what was I thinking?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Build a truck that meets the criteria... Cool, something different, something interesting... If it's just another big show truck, just another big mud truck, etc it probably won't make it...

I've got a meet with Fred Williams of Petersons in less than a month /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Kennedy Lurks here getting story idea's. I swear that boy comes in here reads stuff I or others and discussed at length and 3 months later it shows up in the mag LOL.

Not a problem be cause he does his homework and drives a K5 /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

17. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Hey Bigbird, what do they mean with ugly, I think it looks real pretty /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Seriously, if you want to be in the mag, going to events where the mag guys will be is IT. Having something a little unique on the truck helps too, often it's just luck though, like how good are the photos, etc.

19. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

In one of the recent editions they talked about the color of the truck too... About how bright colored rigs are preferred because they will catch a shoppers eye at the news stand.