Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how do i mount my york 210 on my motor?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by deek, Dec 17, 2003.

1. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

I'm using it for on board air.
    I have a late 70's 350, the only thing on the drivers side of the engine is the pwr. steering. has anyone else accomplished this task? if so could i get some pic & measurments.
    Heck I'd even pay for a pre fab'd bracket

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

3. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

yeah that helpes on the overall install. but mounting the compressor is my biggest problem

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You have to fab up a mounting brackets that bolts to the front of the head /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Yep, fabrication time. Best to buy some 1/4" steel plate and visit a friend with a plasma cutter and a welder.

Just remember, when you put the arc hole in for tightening/loosening the belt tension remember to put the arc ON THE BOTTOM! The pulley for the compressor is on the bottom, so you want the bottom to move.

If you don't do this you'll end up like me where you have to push it closer to the engine to tighten and away from the engine to loosen /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif .

Live and learn, right? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

does anyone have pics?

7. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

have you looked at www.onboardair.com ? there's lots of crap on there that you can use to visualize what you need. i personally wouldn't buy anything premade unless it came from ord or summit or jegs. heck, i fabbed my own bracket to do the oba on my dually. i'd be happy to send it to ord so they can spec and copy it to sell. drawback here is it is application specific to the late 90's mpfi vortec 454. i have a early 454 under the hood of my beast, but time is not available to fab a bracket for it. maybe we could push stephen into carrying brackets for us. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif