Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do I polish/clean up Billet aluminum Progressive wheels? Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mav2u, May 22, 2002.

1. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

I recently got some rims from my father in-law and they are aluminum billet looking rims. Problem is he never cleaned them at all. I've use Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish and Nevr-dull so far and it has sort of worked but the finish is still fairly dull and it has some sort of build up of what I'm assuming is something from brake dust build up. Is there any better products or techniques I can use to bring back the highly polished look these rims once had. I have pictures of them if that would help. Any help would be appreciated ya'll.

Thanks,
    Mav

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Did you use a elbow grease or an electric polisher? I think Mothers is pretty awesome stuff.

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Try using the mothers or whatever but with 0000 steel wool. Shouldn't scratch anything (but test in some inconspicuous place first, just in case).

4. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

Try using Meguiars all metal polish I used to swear by mothers and now I won't go back to it Meguiars with the steel wool combo should bring it out.