Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do I remove...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by speed_deed, Apr 6, 2002.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

How do I switch the outside mirrors?They are they later mirrors for my '85 incase it matters.

I actually found an electric door with the same paint scheme as my origianal and got it for $20 with the trade of my original. I am switching the doors interior panels and putting on the original doors window. How do I switch the outside mirrors?
    The junkyard guy wanted $130 for it but with the trade of the original and a little talking I got it for $20. Anyway it goes I feel like i got a good deal on it.

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

If you look at the bottom of that chrome outer cover you will see a torx head screw that needs to be removed. Once you remove that, the chrome cover will come off and you will see three bolts. remove those and the mirror will come off.

3. speed_deed

Hey thanks alot. I suppose if I would have looked a bit more I could have figured that out. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Thanls again!

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

so, are you putting the mirrors from your "new" doors on your existing doors, or changing out the doors, or what?

5. speed_deed

The reply is a little late /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif but I am switching the doors, and my original mirror to the new door. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif