Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do I "reseal" my 208 and 700 together?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbartman, Apr 1, 2002.

1. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

How do I \"reseal\" my 208 and 700 together?

Okay, I believe from what I have heard from people is that one source of my tranny fluid leak could be from the seal between the tcase (NP208) and the tranny (700R4). One guy told me to "slide the tcase back a bit and put some silicone in the joint". I have never pulled or worked on my tcase, so I don't know what he is talking about.

Is it possible to open up the union of these two enough to get some gasket sealant in there without dropping the tcase? Or do I need to drop it to do this? Is this a job that can be done by one person?

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Re: How do I \"reseal\" my 208 and 700 together?

Its not hard, but I would slide them apart enough to replace the rubber "o" ring at the adapter, between the 700r and the adapter itself, clean the milled sufaces well then silicone them back together. I would say 1 six pack and a Saturday afternoon, if a friend helps 2 six packs and a Saturday afternoon. Its has a 3-4 wrench rating LOL

Good Luck
    White Knight

3. lsak5

lsak5 Registered Member

Re: How do I \"reseal\" my 208 and 700 together?

Yep, gotta do the same. I've got a couple sheets of gasket meterial and was thinking of pulling the two completely apart. But I think the advise given will work. Might try to cut some O ring style gakets and silicone the hell out of it. Good Luck.