Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how do i see all my threads?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5dreamer, Mar 11, 2007.

1. K5dreamer

K5dreamer 1/2 ton status

Hey all, there was a link someone posted a while back on a rear bumper/swing away tire carrier that i wanted to go back and look at, but i cant find my old threads.

I clicked the link to organize threads by poster, i only have one showing, i went to the google search and cant find my thread through there. I didnt want to post another thread on something i already asked, but if i cant find the old one i dont see an option.

I guess, if that thread is long gone, im looking for a company that sells a rear bumper, swing away tire carrier for an 86 blazer. any help would be appriciated. Id make my own, but i dont know how to weld yet :mad:

thanks all.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

do a search for all post started my user name.

3. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Only one I know of with a swing out is diy4x.
    A safer method is this one from blazenoffroad.
    [​IMG]

4. K5dreamer

K5dreamer 1/2 ton status

BulldogK5, thanks so much, the diy4x link is what i was looking for. although now im confused because you say the "safer" way to go is the one from blazin. there seems to be a huge price difference though, the diy4x setup with the bumper, carrier, and high lift jack is just over 500, the blazin setup looks like for the same setup its over 800 bucks. is it worth the extra 300 bucks?

5. BulldogK5

Depends on what you are runnin for a spare. I have a swing out mount similar in design to the DIY unit only made by somebody else many moons ago. The carrier was made to hold a 35" tire and did for a while. Later a 39.5" swamper was placed there. The age and extra weight fatigued the spindle to a point that the carrier broke off while going down a busy road. I got lucky and nobody got hurt or hit. The Blazenoffroad model is a fold down unit that attaches to either side of the bumper at the corners to hold it up. For my peace of mind I am saving for the fold down style since I am a little gun-shy on bumpy roads around here.

I am not knocking Kert's work by any means, I just got bit with that style. But there are many people on here that run that style carrier. if mine had not broken I would never have thought twice about it.

6. K5dreamer

K5dreamer 1/2 ton status

yeah, im only going to be running at max a 35in tire, and probly 33's for the most part. if the price was closer, the desision might be easier.

do the flip down mounts cause any problems getting into the tailgait?

7. BulldogK5

I don't think they would. I never thought about it either. I am sure Jesse would not leave something like that unchecked though. I do understand on the cost. You should be fine for a long time if you don't go much bigger than 35's. Another thing with the fold down is it is much easier to manuever the spare into position, esp. with something as large as a 40" tire.