Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do I take the Axle shaft out of a 10bolt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DUKE, Sep 24, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Ill I can seem to find it how to do it to 14b and danas

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

You will need to pull the diff. cover and drain the fluid. Then you will need to pull the cross shaft that holds the spider gears in place. Once that is out you should be able to push the axle in and get the c-clip off if it doesnt fall off. You will need to have the brake drum off to push the axle shaft in but I'm sure you'll probably already have it off anyway. Once the c-clip is off the axle should pull out. I am assuming you have an open diff, I have no idea how to do it on a locker or LSD.

3. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I havent started yet, The reason i need them out is to replace the spider gears I broke. I was lucky that nothing else in there was damaged. So once i take the c clips off the axle will slide out? or at least enough to get the carrier thing out to stick the new spiders in?

4. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

u dont have to pull the axel out just pull the cross shaft out ,push axel in (brake drum removed),remove c-clips,rotate what left /forums/images/icons/wink.gif of the spider gear,pull on the side gear,and guess what!!!.... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif U ARE DONE!! exept of putting it back thogether (same thing but reversed)
    but if i was there i will do the axel seal to but that me !!
    hope it helped

5. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Loosen all four U-bolts, take drive shaft off, pull off brake lines, remove shocks, take off wheels to make lighter. Then, wait until your local pull-a-part has the $10 axle sale and get yourself a 14B FF. Never have to worry about it again.

6. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Thanks wise guy, You know if I could right now I would, but I cant (not yet, someday /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) but for now I will have to deal.