Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do I un-notorize something???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I had the title for my X notorized when I had it up for sale, so I could sell it on the spot if someone came along with cash...

Well, no one even called about the dern thing and I ended up attached to it... And now I want to un-notorize the title... There's always a nice chance of someone breaking into the house and knowing where the title is kept (if he finds it I hope he tells me, mom won't reveal it)... or maybe when I'm off at college my parents could decide they hate me and sell it for their own profit...

what ever shall I do?!?!?!?!

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

got full coverage????
    heh...roll it!

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif yeah roll it. and get it on video. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

call the local dmv office. they will likely tell you that a new title is the cure all. take them the old one and file for a new one. should just cost you the replacement title fee. also, in case you get the idea that its not worth it, if you do sell it later on with it being notorized already, the new owner will have to pay taxes on it from the date it was notorized, not the date they actually bought it.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

hmmm... I'd love to... almost did once being stupid in the snow /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif but I recently found out I only have liability... so no dumb stupid crap for me /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Just bring it to your DMV and send it in for a new title. You may have to pay the title fee over again (or replacement title fee).

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

If it's similar to New York, wouldn't you need both the buyer and seller's sig's to notarize it?

I'm thinking that's the case, but you had it notarized as if there were both sigs, in which case, you can't rightly bring it to DMV without the buyers sig or it might look a little, um, illegal?

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

He is the seller and there is no buyer.

I'd burn the title and apply for a lost title, or simply leave the title alone and hide it from everyone, including your parents.

If someone were to sign it and title that truck to them without a bill of sale, they've committed a crime anyway.

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I know, that's why I'm saying it might not look right if he brought it to dmv to get it replaced. If it were New York, he isn't supposed to sign it or do any of that without a buyer first, that's where I'd think they may give him crap. Although, in NY, we don't have to have it notarized.

Applying for a lost title is a good idea. It's a little bit of a hassle in NY, but probably the better way to get a new one.

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

no notarization or bill of sale used in IL either, here its buyer and seller sign and printed and the date of sale, IE: title transfer, this goes for all eyars all makes all models all motorized street-driven/state registerable vehicles

glad i dont live where you have to notarize or bill of sale to sell or buy anything that is state titled, that would be a PIA, but herei ts a PIA if you lose or screw up a title, ppl around here go to prison for playing around with titles, i know of quite a few local ppl who have, you get caught with a mis-signed title and youll be in some trouble

11. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

find it and take it with you...start searchin now..

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Don't need a bill of sale here in Wyoming... I always make one up to cover my ass when I sell a vehicle, but I never take one with me when I register one... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif