Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do I wire in a sec phone line?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CK5, Jun 11, 2002.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I am going to get a 2nd phone line (different number), they told me I could prolly wire this myself, anyone done this before?

2. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Sometimes all you need is a line splitter that plugs into the jack. It splits the 4 incoming wires into two sets - one set for one line and one for another. You can pick them up at RadioShack etc. If you actually need to wire it then I've got no clue.

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Most phone line has 4 or 6 wires. A single line uses 2. So if you have 4 wires for example, red, green, yellow and black, usually the phone company wires red and green. Get a 4 or 6 wire modular jack, then wire red opposite green and yellow opposite black and you should have 2 lines. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. calcide

calcide 1/2 ton status

Check these out...

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Calcide's links cover most all of it.....I've worked for Ma Bell for over 22 yrs, so if ya hit a snag, shoot me a PM....there's one or two details not covered in the articles...the connections are really quite simple until they don't work and you have to start troubleshooting...