Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do I

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HarryL, Aug 15, 2001.

1. HarryL

HarryL 1/2 ton status

Get the broken studs from my hard top out of the mounting spots in the body?

clarification: When removing the hard top, I snapped 6 bolts holding the hard top on. when I removed the hard top, I noticed the bolts slide back in forth in a little piece of metal. My rig has the original side panels. If I was to remove them........?

Thanks for your help.

Harry in Utah
    asr

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

harry,

i guess you have the sigle wall top. the bolts are screwed in from the top, correct? you can take the side panels off and through the bottom bend the tabs of metal that hold the "little piece of metal" so you can work with them and remove the broken bolts easier.
    or you can use some visegrips to unbolt what ever is left from the bolt through the bottom. spray some wd40 or something the night before.

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem and was also missing a couple of captive nuts. I ended up taking the nuts out of my Blazer that had bolts frozen in them and making copies of the nuts out of flat steel stock. I think they're 3/16" thick * 1/2" wide * 1" long with a 5/16-18 UNC hole in the middle.

4. HarryL

HarryL 1/2 ton status

ARQ, Steve,

Thanks for your replies, guys. I'm off to do some fixing. Better to be prepared for when the snow comes!

Harry