Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do people react to your trucks?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Sep 9, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I went to my classes today and decided to drive the Big Crew Cab there for the first time. As I was pulling in, everyone that was around just looked up and stared. Probably the sound of the gear drive caught their attention, then they looked and just kept staring. I'm not used to getting that much attention!

I came out of one class and saw what looked like a notice on my windshield. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Oh no! They probably gave me a ticket or a warning for taking up 2 parking spots!

I grabbed it and started to read it... "Dear Badass..." Wow, I'm a badass now? It was a note from some other students at my college who saw the truck and want to go wheeling someday.

Then I pulled out of the parking lot and got more stares. I tried to act all cool and calm about it, merely looking where I was driving, as if I didnt notice the attention I was attracting.

Anyway, what sort of reactions does everyone else get from people when you drive around in your truck/Blazer/Suburban/whatever?

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

they usually stare at the TSL's. that is about all you see when i pull up in traffic next to people in their hondas and VW's.

3. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

I usually get a range of awe stricken children (with 'monster truck' rolling off their tounges) /forums/images/icons/grin.gif to disgust as I drive what is usually the muddiest, dirtiest, and smelliest IROC blue suburban in Eastside Yuppieville, Washington - home of Volvos, BMW's, Mecedes, (insert any other 'status' mobile here)... My diesel exhaust seems to miff the locals and I think they're afraid the dirt is gonna jump off my truck and attack their car /forums/images/icons/confused.gif . I do wash it when there's a danger of falling 'dirt clod' /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif . Really I think the majority of reactions are somewhat positive, I do get stared at alot (or maybe it's my fat head thinking I'm getting stared at /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ).

Jon

4. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

When my soft top is on it's "What is that?" "Is that a Bronco?" NO /forums/images/icons/mad.gif . The head of the building I work at asked if I had to cut the top off my truck to put the soft top on /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif .

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Prob the coolest one I have gotten lately was being checked out and getting a wave from a bunch of military guys in a M1008. I wanted to holler "Hey make that Blazer all it can be too!" /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Ive riden by the school on my way home at lunch and had kids start yelling about the "monster truck". LOL!

6. AzzKicker

AzzKicker 1/2 ton status

THe most attention I got was when I painted my other 85 4x4 Camo green. I was big guy on campus(high school) When time came for leading the convoy to the rival school I was asked to be the leader. All the girls wanted me in that truck /forums/images/icons/smile.gif or they just wanted a ride in somelthing better than their boyfriends crappy mustangs and toyotas.

ANyway I sold that truck and my status went to [censored]. Now I'm back with a truck identical to it minus the lift, and paint /forums/images/icons/frown.gif BUT thats all coming soon. I just bought this truck by the way so I'm starting from scratch.

7. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

i've gotten a mix of reactions, most of them positive, I had one kid yell awesome truck when i was picking my sister up from school, i've had people honk, and then there are the funny reactions like when i was pickin up my bro from drivers ed and some mom came in and said she parked next to the big green thing /forums/images/icons/grin.gif , and that was all with the 4inch lift, now its got an 8in lift and 38s hehe, just need to get the engine in.

phill

8. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

I had some "genius" in a white ford taurus trying to cut me off Saturday. Due to my incurable road rage I kept pulling up and he couldn't get over. I figured "what's he going to hit? My tire? Anyway, He was on the phone the whole time, so I pulled up next to him and asked hiom politely if he should maybe call the person when he wasn't driving(really, I asked nicely)and he responds by yelling "redneck" at me. I don't think he realizes That someone in GA with a lifted k5 full of mud isn't really going to go cry their eyes out over that remark. Most of the time I get waves from others in K5's or 4x4 chevys.Whatever the looks or remarks I get, I ain't sellin it. This is the 3rd 4x4 I've had, and nothing compares.

9. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Sometimes when Im idleing in a parking lots as I'm driving slow, Ill get some stares becasue the engine lopes. Other than that, not much cause my Blazers all stock, I hav'nt driven it much wit the front fender cut yet.

10. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

same here jc, well i dun get stares like you seeing that my truck is stock, but EVERYONE on earth calls it a bronco, even some people who have riddin with me, and if someone asks me what i drive, i say "K-5 Blazer" and they jus kinda nod there heads with a blank look in their eyes, so i gotta explain "ok its like an old 2-door tahoe" or "its a big blazer, not like the lil s-10s" and even my sister doesnt even know what it is yet... owell...

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

im sure ill get lots of looks to when i get out there..but for the wrong reasons.. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif LOL

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

when i was in high school everyone loved the suburban, my 4x4 buddies thought it was cool too even the ford guys! oh and i do get the monster truck thing. and it's about to get taller too.

13. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I didn't get anything other than an occasional wave er something.
    I just recently put a full cage in, took off the hard top, and painted it primer/sealer gray and slapped on a yellow hood. oh and the doors are no longer on it. But its like my fly is down or something. People just stare. I'm not really comfortable with it yet.
    It just has 35" BFGs get over it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I don't know what they'll do when the 37" swampers go on! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Depends on who sees it...if it is a 'truck guy' I get 'sweet truck'. If it's just the average joe, I get 'that thing is frikkin UGLY'.

15. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

other than the fact that chicks love the jeep thing, most people where i'm from understand that 4wd vehicles are about to a certain extent and think a hybrid kicks ass. down at school people think i'm a hick...oh well..shows how educated people that go to college are. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

16. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Man, the attention draw around here is awesome. Everyone sees the average mud truck on 44's and a rotted to hell and back body. When I roll mine out, it just sets them off. If you put any modified truck in this area up against mine, you could tell that mine was being built for rocks and not mud. I don't know what it is, but you can tell. I've had this truck through high school and one year of college. My senior year, I rolled it to school on Homecoming. It had just been painted, the new Baja Claws were on it, and what little chrome I had left was BLINGIN'! I painted it tangerine orange with a black hardtop. I liked the color a lot because I hadn't seen it before, but it also just happened to be the colors of my high school. Before I even got to my parking spot, I had already been volunteered to ride the soccer team I played on in the parade. I guess they were tired of riding in Z71's and Furds. The people at the parade went crazy, and I was lovin' it. BUT I HATE PEOPLE CALLING IT A FAWKING BRONCO!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

17. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

with the lift, tires, snorkle, exhaust and the engine loping, ppl just stare and wave. i love the attention. now, for a paint job without a rattle can....

NITRO

18. blwnbwtie

blwnbwtie Registered Member

I havent gotten too much reaction to my truck, a few people have said nice truck and stuff like that. But i hear ya on the Bronco thing. What the hell its not a bronco its a blazer dammit why cant you understand that. Yah tell em blazer and they start thinking about those s10s. Oh well i like my truck and thats all that matters

19. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Kids love it. I figure if I can make a bunch of 1st graders happy I'm doing good. Everybody else seems to think it's neat but typically over their head (literally and figuratively), and about 1% of the public seems to know what they're looking at. A lot of young adult types seem to turn their heads which is fine now but would have been really cool about 5-10 years ago...

20. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I get comments ranging from "Ross' Bronco" or "Ohh is that your Jeep?" AHHHH!!! Other times I get nice truck and every once in a while I get the little kids pointing at it at stop lights and the funny thing is, its rollin on 31's, lol. Ohh yeah the ladies like it too /forums/images/icons/grin.gif