Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you burn MP3's?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by afroman006, Aug 27, 2004.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

How do you burn MP3\'s?

My computer is able to burn CD-RW's and MP3's and the stereo in my burb can play MP3's so I want to burn a CD or two full of them. I have windows XP professional and an Alpine CDA-9807 headunit. I know I need CD-RW's but what program do I use and how do I go about burning MP3's onto the CD? Thx

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Re: How do you burn MP3\'s?

Go with whatever program you already have (ie nero, roxio, etc). Don't make a "Audio CD" though, because MP3's are actually just data. So make a data CD full of MP3 files. Do you already have MP3's on your computer? Cause if not, you would first have to rip them from CD's that you have, then burn them all to another disc.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I use Music Match Juke Box to rip all the CD's I buy onto my computer.

http://mmjb.musicmatch.com/

You can do alot with the free version but the pay version will look up all the song names and stuff up for you so you don't have to type them in...as well as being able to rip at higher quality. When you rip them use variable bit rate (VBR). It will make the files small but still have the detail where it is needed.

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I use CDex, it was free and looks up the names.

5. ugly_blazer

You don't have to use CD-RW's, I use CD-R's.

You can go to www.download.com to find free programs to rip cd's (convert your regular cd's to mp.3) and burn them. I still download songs for free so I don't have to "buy-n-rip"... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. afroman006

I have buku's of songs on my puter. I always use the windows media player to do all my cd burning. I guess I'll mess with it later to try and figure it out. Thx

7. ugly_blazer

Just check to see if there is an option to burn the cd as a "data" cd rather than an "audio" cd. When burning mp.3 disks you can have several folders containing songs on one disk.

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I use the LAME program in conjunction with Exact Audio Copy program to rip CD's to mp3's . They are both free , just search by name with your browser . Best quality out there , all the creator wants for them is a Postcard sent from your part of the world , he collects them like QSL cards for Hams .

Anyway you just install EAC , copy LAME to your hard drive , and it works fast and accurately /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. afroman006

I just used Windows Media Player and it has an option to burn data CD's. I did that, put 85 songs on there, and still had only filled up like 1/3 of the CD /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif. I ran out of songs I like /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

unless its a newer vehicle, CD players won't be able to read anything from a CD-RW. A CD-RW is thicker then a regular CD-R, and something about the laser reader a lot of the times won't get r done...just go with a blank CD-R, if you mess it up, trash it (like 10 cents a pop-big whoop). Heck, a few yrs ago I had a pioneer head unit that sometimes had a hard time reading CD-R's when they'd get hot (friggin thing cost my $300!)

11. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nero, and CD-rs thats about it.