Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you convert from manual to power locks?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jul 31, 2002.

I am getting my new truck real soon but it doesn't have power locks. My old truck had power locks and I was curious haw hard it was to put the power locks in the new truck. Do they just plug in under the dash? and then how do you put them in the door? Thanks for you help, I need all the help I can get right now. -80K20

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well I read your other post about the 80. Since you have the truck just need to pull the factory harness and it's a plug and play on the Fuse box. The main harness in the truck is the same. Every other harness for anything like Power windows, Power locks, Power seats Etc just plugs into the extra termianls in the top of the box or they have a spot for them and a Fuse or Breaker location that should be marked.

2. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

Can't help with the wiring part, but I just swapped doors (and innards) this past weekend. I'm assuming the only difference between power/manual is the lock "motor". That bolts right next to the latching mechanism and then just plug in the harness.