Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how do you convince a woman.... Update at bottom.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Seventy4Blazer, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

that she isnt the only one who has been hurt in lifewhen it comes to relationships) and that you in all honesty are not like "the others." a few of you know me in person and can verify tat im not like other people in almost every way.

this chick has been on my mind for a while now. i know how she feels for me, but i cant get her to open up to me.

i got to much going on in life right now to be worrying about crap like this, but it just happens. feel like a little school boy around her. she is an awesome woman, and i have the upmost respect for her(not unlike most other women, but more so with her.)

any real honest advice is needed. if you have a smart ass remark, then just STFU.
    Grant

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re: how do you convince a woman....

how do you convince? Show her! Its one of the hardest things for most of them to recognize, but just invite her to do something fun, if you're like me she'll see that you don't deviate around friends or foes and they usually open up pretty quick. I know the feeling as I often act older than I am and when I get to thinking about age differences I usually start feeling school boyish(i've dated a few older girls 4+ yrs). Its a matter of time, but just start it out by spending time together, go out to dinner, its a date but just offer to grab some food on a random day rather than plotting out a day and time for a "date" it eases the process of starting convo, as you haven't been prepping for the big night or date. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Action, not words. Show her by treating her good...and if you're treating her that way consistantly for long enough you will have earned her trust.

Once bitten, twice shy...not much you can do but be a man of your word after assuring her that you won't hurt her like the last guy did.

Rene

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Diamonds /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Flowers for the Just Because reason too /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    ALL women feed off of Emotion, doesn't matter what the emotion is they will feed on it until dry!
    I just agree with my wife and then trun around and do what I was gonna do anyway. When we argue she allways wins! I never try to win. I don't need to feel like I am more powerful than she is, hell she's Itailan /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Try out yelling one of thoes /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    What does all of this get me?
    Truck Parts!!! BBC baby!!
    YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBC!
    I have been with my wife for 18yrs merried for 10.

5. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Just remember that plenty of men have given plenty of women (and vice-versa I guess) plenty of reasons to be gun shy. I know some "bad" men that are not beyond telling a women that they too are "different" from the other guys. Just be the man your grandparents would want you to be (assuming you have g-parents that think you hung the moon) and be consistent. Nothing is more convincing than a good track record.

6. Seventy4Blazer

well, she lives in the master bedroom in my house. i sleep in the other end of the house. we know each other fairly well for the little time we have known each other. i show her every day how i am. its been hard being around women since my wife left me, but i have been making due with it. she doesnt piss me off like most women do now.

she is an awesome woman. i had to run home to pick her up from work and we talked a bit about it. she is starting to see that she isnt the only one who was hurt badly. we were both on the edge of tears while i was driving her to work.

i dont know what to do. she and i are going to talk tonight. hopefully it will resolve a bit.
    Grant

7. Seventy4Blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    Action, not words. Show her by treating her good...and if you're treating her that way consistantly for long enough you will have earned her trust.

Once bitten, twice shy...not much you can do but be a man of your word after assuring her that you won't hurt her like the last guy did.

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]
    im a womans man anyway. have been all my life, and she sees it.
    grant

8. Seventy4Blazer

yeah, and im one of those guys who can honestly tell a woman im different. and honest. and its true.
    well, im honest to women anyway.
    Grant

9. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Acutally, I tell people that you can tell what kinda person a man is by the way he keeps his car. (or truck).

A man with a brand spankin new lexus on lease will treat it with:

Love for the first year.
    Cant wait to get rid of it the second year
    and gets rid of it the third year for the newest model.

I would have to say, for the most part, everyone on this site, is different from your average guy.

Im from NYC, I deal with scum buckets everyday.

And people still see me with my old trucks, call them "POS's" and other names.

Cars are like relationships- you only get out what you put in. Just because the previous owner didnt take good care of it, doesnt mean you cant.

When I see people who have mint condition old cars... that they restored themselves... I usually find a great woman next to them, or at home.

but thats two fold:

A. She's a great woman
    B. She was able to put up with the daily!@#! of the guy.:)

Funny enough, from country music songs...

City women want to be saved by a cowboy...

and city men want to find a down to earth country gal....

10. Seventy4Blazer

i agree with some of that. but at the same time i dont. cus i dont wash my truck till it rains, but i wash a woman every chance i get...
    sorry, just trying to keep my head up on this one.
    grant

11. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Grant, dont forget some people are not trusting at all or at least not as trusting as most. There are some women that need proof that you are trustworthy. Sometimes, depending on the situation, just being a man makes you untrustworthy in her mind. Just be who you naturally are and see if she trusts you. Dont try to change to "make" her open up. If you are interested in her long term she will need to learn to trust the real you. Hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Let time run it's course. I know what type of woman you are talking about, I've had my run-ins with them and of course I'm the biggest impatient a**hole on the planet.

Seems like she is possibly coming around, but is being very cautious. Just take things slow and easy.......

13. Seventy4Blazer

BRB and jeff, yeah thanks a lot. some good points in yall stuff. the thing is we are both HARD HEADED. and big time. we both know what we want, but she isnt willing to pursue it. tonight we are going to talk about it all and hopefully come to a conclusion, or more of an understanding. im just trying to get her to see that she will get hurt in life, no matter what. but that i can promise her my best that i will never hurt her knowingly.

women are trouble, but this one is WELL worth it.
    grant

14. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

My current fiance was very stand-offish when I was first getting to know her. We met because of a job, not beause either of us was interested in the other right off the bat.

The hardest thing I've done in my life is not push hard for a relationship with her. I knew I wanted to be with her, and didn't want to let her "escape", but she wasn't interested in me like that at the time. I gave her space, but at the same time made sure I attempted to spend time with her. Find things we had in common, and ask if she wanted to go. Movies, travel, fishing, all that.

It was even harder after I got up the nerve to see if she was interested in "dating", and she said she had to think about it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Best advice I can say is be patient, give her the space she needs, and wait it out. It's hard, but if it's the right person, being pushy shouldn't be necessary. If you've got to work hard, there's probably a reason.

I'm the happiest I've ever been with my girlfriend, and I'm glad I gave her space when she wanted it. I think shes the best woman on the planet, and I think the world of her.

Anyways, wish you the best of luck! Nothing better than being with your perfect match. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

15. Seventy4Blazer

yeah, space is always good. one problem with this girl is that she pushes people away that she likes in a more than friendship way so as to not be hrt. the thing is, she pushed me away like 2 weeks after we met. im not so much pushing on the date me issue, but the why wont you issue. ethier way it could be bad, but she has yet to give me a good reason. even she says this.

part of it is that im moving in a few months. but im moving back to her home town.....
    another part of it is that she has kids here. but thats workable.
    i dunno. maybe it will pan out, who knows. i dont.
    Grant

16. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I feel ya, bro. I don't really have any advice that the others haven't given. I just want to wish you luck with all of it. She sounds great! I'm kinda in the same boat and I think it's all coming to a head this weekend. I have a bad feeling that Sunday will be the worst day of my life /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

(Don't worry I'll post a longass thread for everyone to read on Monday)... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Re: how do you convince a woman.... *DELETED*

Post deleted by unick

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    any real honest advice is needed. if you have a smart ass remark, then just STFU.
    Grant

[/ QUOTE ]

Unick...there is a time and a place for everything. Grant made it plain he didn't want any smart ass comments about this subject and his situation particularly. Please edit your post or delete it.

Thanks

Rene

19. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

damn dude. I'd just let nature runs it's coarse and be who you are ( a great guy ). I'm kinda in the same boat,just not living together..yet.

I'm actualy on my way to see her. she got really upset that I'm moving to boise, asked if she could atleast come out and visit.

You can pick who you let into your ift. you can't pick who lets you into thiers. be a freind (like you have been doing) and let things take thier own coarse.
    Later Bro.

-Jeremy

20. Seventy4Blazer

i think i know who you are talking about man.. if so i hope she swings around to your way. this chick is just to amazing to let go. i know im pushing to hard, but i cant help it. in the end it may be best, and i think it will. i dunno.
    Grant