Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you diagnose a Db2?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Pookster, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Well, I wanted to pickup a spare DB2- Question is, how do I know if it is functional? Of course the seller says it is, but... I want to know for myself. Can I do a test myself? Or do I send it out?

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Take it to a injection shop, its the only way to tell if its good without mounting on an engine.

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Any ball park pricing for it? I really just wanted to pickup a "spare" for when I do my long road trips, just in case something should happen. I can limp home on 5 injectors, I cant limp home without the pump...

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

What are the chances of the injection pump suddenly and completely failing? I was just always under the impression that a sudden catastrophic failure was rare.

Man, I can't imagine changing an injection pump along the side of the road /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I was too- That pump failures give some warning before giving up. But then I've heard about the 6.9/ 7.3 guys with the DB2's having sudden failures.

Have you heard of the "artic" prepped DB2? The turtle Expedition truck had one of those.

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

eh, nevermind. the Price on EBAY jumped from 1 dollar to an already 91 bucks ....