Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you find out the Sizing of a Wheel???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badbowtie03, Sep 8, 2004.

1. badbowtie03

badbowtie03 Registered Member

I have a set of American Eagle 118 15x10's 5lug that im lookin to sell.. But my problem is I have no idea how to find out what they fit on.. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I know they are 15x10's but how do you measure the backspacing and how do you measure lug to lug? do you go accross the lugs or measure right next to each other on the lugs.. Please Help! If someone could tell me detailed instructions that would be great. Also I tried to figure it out and measure them my self but when I measure lug to lug or accross the pattern.. I always come up with a number that isnt even or normal sounding... shouldnt the number be either a 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4? please help Thanks Alot

2. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Backspacing is from the flat part where the wheel rests against the rotor to the inner rim. Like lay something flat across the rim and us it to reference the measurement.

Wait, your answers lie here -&gt; CLICK ME FOR ANSWERS

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

How many lugs do they have? This determines how you measure across to get the pattern spread.

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Got a Summit catalog? In the wheel section is a little note at the bottm that shows how to measure your lugs, whether it be 5, 6, or 8.